SpiceJet offers special return fareApril 21st, 2009 - 7:37 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 21 (IANS) Low-cost carrier SpiceJet Tuesday announced ’special return fare’ scheme that offers discounts by up to Rs.500 on return bookings.
Tickets under the scheme are available in all sectors where SpiceJet operates and the booking can be done for travel up to Oct 25, 2009.
“This will certainly encourage both business and leisure travellers,” SpiceJet chief commercial officer Samyukth Sridharan said.
“Bookings once made can be cancelled only prior to using the outbound ticket. However, flights can be changed ahead of travel by paying a fee and the fare differential similar to any other regular fare ticket,” he added.
When contacted, a SpiceJet spokeswoman told IANS that the airline would continue its promotional fares even if it increased fuel surcharges.
“We are looking at increasing fuel surcharges, but we would continue our promotional scheme,” the spokeswoman said.
Leading private carriers Jet Airways and Kingfisher Airlines last week hiked their fuel surcharges by up to Rs.300 after state-run oil companies increased aviation fuel prices three times in one-and-a-half months.
SpiceJet - with 19 aircraft in its fleet - had a market share of 12 percent last month.
- SpiceJet to offer Rs.777 fare on its routes - May 22, 2012
- SpiceJet could increase fuel surcharge by Rs.300 - Apr 23, 2009
- SpiceJet offers R-Day for defence personnel - Jan 11, 2010
- SpiceJet seeks time to reply to regulator's notice - Nov 25, 2010
- SpiceJet offers 50 percent discount on kids' fares - May 15, 2009
- Bangkok Airways connects Bangalore and Thailand - Oct 04, 2011
- Private airlines told not to hike fares - May 02, 2011
- SpiceJet to fly to Colombo, Kathmandu by October - Sep 11, 2010
- Air India announces sops for international travellers - Jan 28, 2011
- Jet Airways offers Women's Day discounts - Mar 02, 2012
- FDI in airlines allowed, foreign airlines welcome move - Sep 14, 2012
- SpiceJet adds 23 more connections within existing network - Aug 06, 2009
- Air India, SpiceJet raise fuel surcharge by Rs.400 (Lead) - Jun 18, 2009
- SpiceJet raises fuel surcharge by Rs.400 - Jun 18, 2009
- Despite strike, Air India passenger traffic grows - Jul 01, 2012
Tags: aviation fuel prices, bookings, differential, fare ticket, fleet, fuel surcharges, jet airways, kingfisher, kingfisher airlines, leisure travellers, low cost carrier, market share, New Delhi, oil companies, private carriers, rs 500, sectors, spicejet, spokeswoman, three times