Spicejet ex-CEO Sanjay Aggarwal joins Kingfisher AirlineSeptember 30th, 2010 - 2:49 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 30 (IANS) Kingfisher Airlines (KFA) has appointed former SpiceJet Chief Executive Officer Sanjay Aggarwal in the same capacity.
“I am pleased to announce the appointment of Sanjay Aggarwal as Chief Executive Officer of Kingfisher Airlines Limited with immediate effect,” said Vijay Mallya, chairman and managing director, Thursday.
Mallya will continue in his current role as chairman and managing director, while Aggarwal will directly report to him, the airline said in a statement.
“All executive vice presidents and other officers currently reporting to me will, henceforth, report directly to Sanjay,” Mallya said.
Mallya praised Aggarwal for making Spicejet profitable for the first time in 2009-10, after five years of operations.
Aggarwal had quit as CEO of the budget carrier Spicejet on July 1, a month after Kalanithi Maran’s Kal Airways Pvt. Ltd acquired 38 percent stake in the company.
He had joined SpiceJet in 2008 after serving as chief operating officer (COO) of US-based private jet provider Flight Options Inc.
- PM holds discussions with private airline chiefs - Nov 26, 2011
- SpiceJet shares rise 4.11 percent as Maran raises stake - Mar 03, 2012
- SpiceJet to start Madurai-Colombo service - Aug 29, 2012
- Kalanathi Maran ups stake in SpiceJet - Oct 19, 2010
- Sun TV shares down after Maran quits as textiles minister - Jul 07, 2011
- Regulator reviews situation, asks Kingfisher for revised schedule - Feb 21, 2012
- No airline faces closure, will ensure safety: Watchdog - Jan 05, 2012
- GoM to look into foreign capital in domestic airlines - Jan 13, 2012
- Sun TV shares down after Maran quits union cabinet (Lead) - Jul 07, 2011
- SpiceJet connects Madurai to Delhi and Mumbai - Sep 27, 2010
- Karunanidhi silent as Marans raided in 2G case (Roundup) - Oct 10, 2011
- 'Proposal for FDI in domestic carriers sent to commerce ministry' - Feb 23, 2012
- SpiceJet stock down 5 percent on reports of high attrition - Aug 24, 2011
- Kalanithi Maran summoned by police, seeks time - Jul 13, 2011
- 24 percent cap on FDI by international airlines proposed - Nov 17, 2011
Tags: aggarwal, budget carrier, chief executive officer, chief operating officer, coo, executive vice presidents, flight options, jet provider, kal, kalanithi maran, kfa, kingfisher, kingfisher airlines, managing director, New Delhi, options inc, private jet, pvt ltd, sanjay, spicejet