SpiceJet among top 10 budget carriers in Asia: PollSeptember 22nd, 2008 - 7:46 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 22 (IANS) An online travel magazine tracking Asia’s hotels, spas and airlines has ranked India’s low-cost carrier SpiceJet among the top 10 budget airlines in the continent.The magazine, Smart Travel Asia, based its finding on a survey between May and July on low-cost carriers (LCC), SpiceJet said in a press statement Monday.
The survey also said the airline has made its mark by maintaining schedules, competent service and extensive route network and access.
The chief commercial officer of SpiceJet, Samyukth Sridharan, said the airline has been able to attract fliers by keeping fares affordable and introducing exciting schemes besides expanding its network.
“Our on-time performance is among the best in India at 82 percent and technical dispatch reliability of 99.6 percent makes us an airline with least cancellations,” said Sridharan.
The airline was earlier adjudged the best LCC for 2007 by the Travel Agents Federation of India, and voted the best carrier in its category by a readers’ survey conducted nationally by travel magazine Outlook Traveller.
SpiceJet currently operates 94 flights daily to 16 cities in India.
- SpiceJet to start daily flights to Dubai - Jun 08, 2012
- SpiceJet to base newly acquired aircraft in Delhi - Jul 05, 2012
- Kingfisher's market share falls to fifth place in November - Dec 22, 2011
- SpiceJet to link Dubai with Mumbai, Delhi - Jun 08, 2012
- Domestic January-March air growth at 6.55 percent - Apr 18, 2012
- SpiceJet allowed to directly import ATF - Apr 18, 2012
- SpiceJet adds 23 more connections within existing network - Aug 06, 2009
- SpiceJet to fly to Colombo, Kathmandu by October - Sep 11, 2010
- IndiGo begins international operations - Sep 01, 2011
- Better deals in offing for those flying abroad - Mar 06, 2011
- SpiceJet signs 30 aircraft deal with Boeing - Nov 06, 2010
- Spicejet introduces Kolkata-Agartala flight (Lead) - Apr 17, 2010
- SpiceJet to introduce Kolkata-Agartala flight - Apr 17, 2010
- Air India to import jet fuel directly - Jun 07, 2012
- Jet Airways No.1 domestic airline in February - Mar 15, 2010