Spencer’s ties up with international apparel brandNovember 14th, 2008 - 8:30 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 14 (IANS) Retail chain Spencer’s has signed an exclusive tie-up with international apparel brand Beverly Hills Polo Club (BHPC) and their collection will be available at Spencer’s stores located in 66 cities.“BHPC epitomises refined comfort and stylish elegance for today’s successful and confident Indian youth and we are very proud to associate with them,” Sanjiv Goenka, vice chairman of RPG enterprises said here at a press conference Friday.
Spencer’s, which is a part of the RPG group, already has a private label programme in fashion that has internationally acclaimed brands like Island Monaks and Mark Nicolas.
Goenka said: “BHPC covers a wide range of lifestyle clothing for both men and women. Fashion has been a significant segment in the evolution of Indian retail industry; not due to its size but the way it has influenced lifestyle.
“It was apparel that led multi- national brands to explore and invest in the Indian market, which set the ball rolling towards organised retailing,” he added.
Referring to the growing importance of fashion in Spencer’s retail business, Goenka said: “Fashion currently contributes 10 percent to the company’s revenue which is expected to increase to 25-30 percent in the years to follow.”
BHPC’s fall/winter collection comprises polo t-shirts, sweat shirts and sweat pants, casual shirts and trousers for both men and women. The merchandise starts at Rs.399 and goes up to Rs.1,499.
- Indian menswear brands holding own against international labels - Aug 06, 2012
- Spencer's eyeing profit of Rs.20 per sq ft - Feb 10, 2011
- Sanjiv Goenka launches new group (Lead) - Jul 13, 2011
- 'Global brands can generate jobs in India' (With Image) - May 21, 2012
- WIFW: Celebrating 60 years of Indo-Japan ties through fashion - Feb 18, 2012
- Now an event solely dedicated to footwear - Mar 07, 2012
- Spencer's in talks with foreign players for retail venture - Jul 29, 2011
- Amigo Sport launches FIFA official collection in India - Jun 11, 2010
- Barbie Apparel's first couture range for girls (With image) - Apr 03, 2012
- Retro to Hawaiian with a twist: Summer fashion for men - May 22, 2012
- Sanjiv Goenka to invest Rs.150 crore in education - Aug 09, 2011
- Woodland forays into kids segment - Jun 09, 2012
- Komal Sood creates flower-inspired collection for WIFW (With Images) - Mar 29, 2011
- J.Lo, Marc Anthony launch $3bn lifestyle brand partnership with Kohl's - Nov 19, 2010
- Lilliput Kidswear's new apparel line with Nick's cartoons - Jan 28, 2011