Spencer’s eyeing profit of Rs.20 per sq ftFebruary 10th, 2011 - 10:03 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Feb 10 (IANS) Retail arm of the RPG Group, Spencer’s Retail, Thursday said it was looking at profits of Rs.20 per sq ft from its outlets across the country by the end of this fiscal.”We are expecting profit of Rs.20 per sq ft on an average in the retail outlets across the country. Our retail business reached break even point six months ago,” RPG Group vice-chairman Sanjiv Goenka told newspersons here.
The company recently opened new outlets in Allahabad, Hyderabad, Guntur and Ghaziabad.
Goenka said the outlets’ average revenue per sq ft stood at Rs.1,040, which was the highest in the industry.
“Spencer’s in South City Mall (in Kolkata) registered a revenue of Rs.1,685 per sq ft area in January. This is highest for any food store in India,” he added.
- Spencer's in talks with foreign players for retail venture - Jul 29, 2011
- Sanjiv Goenka launches new group (Lead) - Jul 13, 2011
- CESC sees 11 percent rise in profit before tax - Feb 10, 2011
- CESC net up 137 percent in Q4 backed by tariff hike - May 08, 2012
- Sanjiv Goenka launches new group - Jul 13, 2011
- Calcutta power utility earns Rs.4,000 crore in FY11 - Apr 29, 2011
- Shanghai Electric, Punj Lloyd bag CESC projects - Feb 10, 2011
- Spencer's Retail likely to break even by this fiscal-end - Apr 29, 2010
- CESC to set up its first hydropower unit - Dec 07, 2010
- Sanjiv Goenka to invest Rs.150 crore in education - Aug 09, 2011
- Shubh Jewellers targets southern India with 550 gold outlets - Dec 15, 2011
- Kolkata power firm may hike tariff - Aug 09, 2011
- CESC to foray into solar power generation - Jul 23, 2010
- Spencer's achieves 16 percent revenue growth - Jul 30, 2009
- RPG Enterprises investing Rs.15 bn to open 325 new stores - Nov 18, 2008
Tags: food store, ghaziabad, goenka, group vice, guntur, hyderabad, India, point six, profits, retail arm, retail business, retail outlets, rpg group, rs 1, sanjiv, six months, spencer, sq ft area, vice chairman