Special task force to protect industry in HyderabadDecember 29th, 2009 - 10:19 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, Dec 29 (IANS) Worried over the impact of ongoing Telangana agitation on Brand Hyderabad, the Andhra Pradesh government Tuesday announced a dedicated task force to protect the industries and workers here.
A day ahead of yet another shutdown over the demand for statehood to Telangana, Chief Minister K. Rosaiah assured the industry, especially the information technology and pharma sectors that the government would take all steps to protect them.
He told a news conference that a dedicated task force would be formed and a helpline number would also be given to the companies to seek police help in case of emergencies.
Rosaiah made the announcement hours after representatives of various industry bodies called on him and voiced their concern over the impact the agitation was having on industry and business in the state, especially in Hyderabad.
The chief minister said that due to the month-long agitation, pharma and bulk drug companies had suffered a loss of Rs.500 crore. He said several companies including those from IT sector were looking for alternate sites in neighbouring states.
“Several companies who were planning to invest in the state are now looking at other states,” he said.
The industry leaders voiced their concern that frequent shutdowns and disturbances were damaging Brand Hyderabad and its image as an investment destination.
Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) plans to shift the partnership summit scheduled to be held here next month to Chennai. Rosaiah has sought the central government’s help to convince the organisers not to move the prestigious event.
The chief minister said additional forces were deployed to protect industries and workers during the shutdown Wednesday called by the all-party Joint Action Committee. He appealed to all political parties to ensure that the state’s image as an industrial hub and investment destination was not damaged.
- Brand Hyderabad takes a beating due to Telangana turmoil - Oct 02, 2011
- Will protect industry in aftermath of report on Telangana: Rosaiah - Oct 21, 2010
- Rosaiah assures protection to industry as Telengana hots up - Sep 14, 2010
- Telangana issue not hampering investments, says Kiran Kumar - Jul 19, 2012
- Telangana shutdown hits life in region (Lead) - Mar 27, 2012
- Hyderabad shutdown called on Sep 30, rail blockade in October (Roundup) - Sep 26, 2011
- Hyderabad shutdown hits normal life - Sep 30, 2011
- Telangana violence scaring investors: Rosaiah - Dec 07, 2009
- Andhra Pradesh remains peaceful barring minor incidents (Lead) - Jan 06, 2011
- Telangana comes to a halt as all train services cancelled - Sep 24, 2011
- Telangana protests: Siege at Congress ministers' homes - Sep 29, 2011
- TRS allays industry apprehensions over Telangana - Sep 22, 2010
- Ahead of Srikrishna report, security tightened in Andhra - Dec 30, 2010
- Some Telangana employees end strike, railways to run trains (Roundup) - Oct 10, 2011
- Telangana protest reaches CM's office, strike continues - Sep 26, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,