Special stamp issued on OPEC’s 50th anniversaryFebruary 14th, 2011 - 11:58 pm ICT by IANS
Abu Dhabi, Feb 14 (IANS/WAM) The Emirates Post Monday issued a special stamp commemorating the 50th anniversary of the Organisation of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC).An ornamental frame containing the stamp was presented to the UAE governor for OPEC, Ali Obaid Al-Yabhouni, by Ibrahim Ali bin Karam, chief commercial officer of Emirates Post Group, and Abdullah Al Ashram, CEO of Emirates Post, on the sidelines of the “OPEC50: UAE Energy Forum” at the CERT Technology Park, Abu Dhabi.
The stamp was issued in recognition of OPEC’s significant impact on its members and the world community during the past 50 years.
The organisation has served as a bridge between producers and consumers, creating a forum for discussion on issues like fuel supplies in the long run as well as technology, trade and environment conservation.
“For the last 50 years, the UAE and OPEC have worked hand-in-hand to ensure oil market stability,” Al-Yabhouni said.
“This stamp reflects a partnership that has fuelled the prosperity and has contributed to the development of the UAE,” he added.
OPEC was formed on Sep 14, 1960 and the UAE joined the organisation in 1967.
- UAE to attend World Bank-IMF meeting - Sep 22, 2011
- UAE official addresses UNHRC on trafficking - Jun 25, 2012
- UAE markets to be closed Jan 1 - Dec 28, 2011
- UAE to host debt management conference - May 09, 2011
- UAE armed forces holds mass wedding for troopers - Dec 29, 2011
- UAE, Cyprus review bilateral ties - Jul 04, 2012
- UAE holds bilateral talks with Iran, Italy - Jun 28, 2011
- UAE to host Gulf financial and economic integration forum - Oct 21, 2011
- Emirates Post issues stamps on Arab Postal Day - Aug 16, 2012
- UAE discusses cooperation with UNHCR - Apr 27, 2012
- UAE, Iraqi army chiefs meet - Apr 08, 2012
- UAE's participation in Abu Dhabi Dialogue 2 significant: Envoy - Apr 24, 2012
- Abu Dhabi prince meets US defence secretary - Mar 16, 2012
- UAE signs pact with Indian university - Dec 09, 2011
- Mass wedding is national tradition, says UAE minister - Jun 28, 2012
Tags: 50th anniversary, al ashram, energy forum, environment conservation, fuel supplies, ibrahim ali, market stability, obaid, oil market, opec, ornamental frame, petroleum exporting countries, post group, producers and consumers, sidelines, significant impact, snb, technology park, technology trade, trade and environment