Southern states’ tourism ministers meet in KeralaAugust 19th, 2011 - 1:35 am ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, Aug 19 (IANS) Tourism Ministers from the southern states of Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka and the union territories of Puducherry, the Andaman and Nicobar Islands and Lakshadweep will meet in Kollam Saturday-Sunday to chalk out joint strategies.
The second Southern Regional Conference of Tourism Ministers “will chalk out strategies to attract foreign tourists to south India in a big way through joint initiatives. Kerala Tourism will also explore possibilities of launching joint programmes with other states besides draw up a plan to link the employment guarantee scheme with the responsible tourism projects,” Kerala Tourism Minister A.P. Anilkumar said Thursday.
The event would be inaugurated by Union Tourism Minister Subodh Kant Sahay and would be addressed by Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy.
“The conference will discuss the possibilities of launching inter-state tourism circuits with the help of private players. The states will explore cooperation in human resources development in the hospitality sector through skill development, skill certification and broad-basing of education,” said Kerala Tourism director Rani George.
- Set up land bank for tourism projects, Sahay tells Kerala - Aug 20, 2011
- Kerala readies to launch seaplane services in January - Sep 21, 2012
- UP to develop Buddhist, Sufi and Hindu religious circuits - Jul 21, 2012
- Saving tiger, tourism can go on together: Sahay - Jul 29, 2012
- India enhancing security on its islands: Chidambaram - Sep 02, 2011
- First Indian seaplane service launches Monday - Dec 26, 2010
- 'Develop tourism by public private partnerships' - Apr 26, 2011
- Nine states to discuss tourism promotion - Apr 20, 2011
- Amarinder, Parmeshwar new Punjab, Karnataka Congress chiefs (Lead) - Oct 26, 2010
- Census 2011 and National Population Register (NPR) almost complete: Chidambaram - Nov 30, 2010
- Denied bypoll ticket, Jharkhand Congress leader joins BJP - Jun 06, 2012
- Tourism Ministers conference to kick off in Rishikesh tomorrow - Apr 20, 2011
- Government to attact more tourists to northeast: Minister - Nov 19, 2011
- Apologise, Anna supporters tell Sahay - Aug 22, 2011
- Anna supporters in Jharkhand demand Sahay's apology (Lead) - Aug 22, 2011
Tags: andaman and nicobar, andaman and nicobar islands, anilkumar, development skill, guarantee scheme, hospitality sector, human resources development, inter state, oommen chandy, private players, responsible tourism, sahay, skill certification, southern regional conference, state tourism, subodh, tamil nadu, tourism director, tourism minister, tourism projects