South Korea’s industrial output growsJune 29th, 2012 - 1:53 pm ICT by IANS
Seoul, June 29 (IANS) South Korea’s industrial output grew 1.6 percent last month from a year earlier due to an expansion in both manufacturing and service industries that offset sluggish production in the construction sector, a government report said Friday.
All industry index, which gauges overall industrial activities, stood at 132.5 in May, up 1.6 percent from a year before, according to Statistics Korea. From a month earlier, the index was up 0.4 percent.
Output in the mining, manufacturing and electricity and gas sectors expanded 2.6 percent in May from the same month of last year, after staying unchanged in April, reported Xinhua.
- South Korean industrial output contracts for three months - Jan 31, 2012
- South Korea's industrial output shrinks in October - Nov 30, 2011
- South Korea's industrial output growth plunges - Apr 30, 2012
- South Korea's unemployment rate falls a little - Dec 14, 2011
- South Korea's consumer price growth hits 14-month low - Mar 02, 2012
- China's industrial production slows in October - Nov 09, 2011
- Japan's industrial output goes up in December 2011 - Jan 31, 2012
- India's factory output slows further in May - Jul 12, 2011
- India's industrial output rises 8.8 percent in June - Aug 12, 2011
- Industrial output rises in May but recovery probability low (Second Lead) - Jul 12, 2012
- China's 2011 GDP growth revised upward - Sep 05, 2012
- India's industrial output grows by 4.1 percent in February - Apr 12, 2012
- Industrial output grows 4.1 percent; rate cut possible (Lead) - Apr 12, 2012
- Inflation down by 6.87 percent - Aug 14, 2012
- Industrial output grows at 0.1 percent in April - Jun 12, 2012