South Korea snatches best airport title from Hong KongJune 10th, 2009 - 11:44 am ICT by IANS
Hong Kong, June 10 (DPA) South Korea’s Incheon International Airport has been named the world’s best by travellers, snatching the title from Hong Kong, which won the award in seven of the past eight years, a survey published Wednesday showed.
Hong Kong International Airport ranked second while Singapore’s Changi Airport was third in the annual survey by British-based aviation research specialist Skytrax.
The survey, published in London late Tuesday, covered 190 airports and questioned 8.6 million passengers about 39 aspects of their airport experience from check-in to departure.
A Skytrax spokesman said the margin between the three top airports was the smallest ever in the survey’s 11-year history and at one point it looked as though there was going to be a dead-heat between the three.
Zurich’s airport emerged fourth in the airport top 10, followed by Munich and Japan’s Kansai. Kuala Lumpur was awarded seventh place, followed by Amsterdam; Centrair in Nagoya, Japan; and New Zealand’s Auckland airport in 10th place.
In the individual categories, Hong Kong was voted top in airport dining, Kuala Lumpur won the best immigration service title and Singapore won best leisure amenities.
Incheon outside Seoul was named the best in security processing, terminal cleanliness and easiest transit categories.
- Hyderabad airport best in India: Skytrax - Mar 24, 2010
- Hyderabad, Delhi airports ranked best in the world - Feb 16, 2011
- Hyderabad airport adjudged amongst top five in world - Feb 17, 2010
- Seoul international airport declared best for fifth consecutive year - Feb 17, 2010
- Finnair adjudged best north European airline for third year - Jul 13, 2012
- Hong Kong International Airport named world''s best - Aug 05, 2008
- Top teams reach quarters at World TT - Mar 29, 2012
- Finnair bags the award for best customer satisfaction - Jun 25, 2011
- Gundecha Brothers honoured with Padma Shri - Jan 25, 2012
- Cathay Pacific named World's best airline - Apr 06, 2009
- Malaysia's AirAsia wins TTG best Asian low-cost carrier award - Oct 12, 2010
- 'When Love Comes' wins best film at the Golden Horse award - Nov 22, 2010
- Finnair retains its four-star rating by Skytrax - Apr 13, 2012
- Qatar Airways declared official airline partner for Indian Business Leaders Summit and Golf Tourname - Oct 06, 2010
- Malaysia raids football gambling syndicates - Jul 05, 2012
Tags: airport experience, auckland airport, aviation research, centrair, changi airport, cleanliness, dead heat, dpa, hong kong international airport, immigration service, incheon international airport, kansai, kuala lumpur, leisure amenities, nagoya japan, research specialist, seoul, snatches, south korea, zurich