South Africa explores India’s small business successAugust 20th, 2012 - 5:13 am ICT by IANS
Johannesburg, Aug 20 (IANS) South Africa is exploring how small, medium and micro enterprises in India contribute to their national economy, an official said Sunday.
Deputy Trade and Industry Minister Elizabeth Thabethe also said that both countries are developing nations, confronted by similar economic challenges, Xinhua reported.
“The latest developments have indicated that India has progressed impressively in the area of informal business development,” the minister, who was due to visit India, said.
“Institutions (Indian Institutions) that we will be engaging with will present simple solutions for our SMMEs, including technology and market development,” said Thabethe.
Her visit is to create market for South African products, as well as to promote South Africa as a trade destination, an official of the trade and industry department said.
Besides New Delhi, she will also tour Kerala, Chennai and Mumbai during her visit.
- India, South Africa to cooperate in SME sector - Nov 15, 2011
- For South Africa, Delhi trade fair is road to global market - Nov 15, 2011
- South Africa keen to have Indian investments - Aug 22, 2012
- South Africa expects more trade cooperation with India - Mar 19, 2012
- 'Women of India, South Africa should partner each other' - Aug 22, 2012
- India, southern African nations to have trade pact - Sep 22, 2011
- 'Women have a major role in global economy' - Mar 23, 2012
- South African Minister Thabathe calls on Virbhadra Singh - Mar 28, 2011
- BRICS urged to develop small, medium enterprises - Jul 11, 2012
- Indian bank opens branch in South Africa - Sep 13, 2012
- South African handicrafts huge draw at Delhi trade fair - Nov 16, 2011
- India for early conclusion of trade pact with southern Africa - Jan 11, 2011
- Rwanda delegation to visit India for investment - Oct 17, 2011
- Rwanda taps India for food security, investment - Oct 18, 2011
- Indian venture to empower unemployed youth of Africa - May 08, 2011
Tags: business development, chennai, developing nations, economic challenges, including technology, India, indian institutions, industry minister, informal business, johannesburg, micro enterprises, mumbai, national economy, New Delhi, simple solutions, small business success, south africa, south african products, xinhua