Sony India expects sales to drop next fiscalMarch 19th, 2009 - 7:54 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, March 19 (IANS) Consumer electronics company Sony India Pvt Ltd is expecting a lower sales growth in 2009-10 due to the global meltdown, a top official said here Thursday.
“We expect a sales growth in the range of 15-20 percent, lower from the current fiscal,” Sony India head (sales) Sunil Nayyar told reporters.
The company is poised to grow 20-25 percent in the current fiscal.
The colour television segment of the company was the worst-hit, Nayyar said.
Sony would focus on liquid crystal display (LCD) and digital imaging segments (comprising digital still camera and handycam) in 2009-10.
The digital camera of Sony occupies 37 percent market share and the company would like to take it to 42 percent in the coming fiscal.
Sony India posted a turnover of Rs.30 billion (Rs.3,000 crore) in 2007-08.
- Sony India expects digital camera sales to grow 50 percent - Dec 16, 2010
- Sony India eyes 30 percent market share in LCD TVs - Mar 10, 2010
- Sony eyes 30 percent market share of flat panel TVs - Sep 07, 2012
- BEL records marginal sales growth in 2011-12 - Apr 02, 2012
- TVS's Q3 net profit jumps 137 percent - Jan 20, 2011
- BEL net dips 16 percent in 2011-12 - Apr 24, 2012
- Panasonic India eyes Rs.25,000 crore turnover by 2015 - Jun 25, 2012
- Epson India eyes 25-30 percent growth - Aug 11, 2010
- Samsung India posts $3.5 billion turnover in 2010 - Jan 20, 2011
- Bajaj Auto's third quarter profit jumps 40 percent - Jan 19, 2011
- Daikin India to commission room air conditioner line in July - Feb 21, 2012
- Sharp Business Systems eyes Rs 1,200 crore turnover by 2011-12 - Nov 22, 2010
- Sony to roll out four new DSLR cameras - Apr 25, 2012
- Bharat Fritz to invest Rs.350 cr for expansion plans - Jan 25, 2011
- Digital camera market grew 76 percent in Apri-June quarter - Nov 03, 2010
Tags: colour television, company sony, consumer electronics company, crore, digital camera, digital imaging, digital still camera, display lcd, global meltdown, handycam, india pvt ltd, kolkata, liquid crystal display, march 19, market share, segments, sony, sony india, television segment, turnover