Sony Ericsson launches limited edition cell phoneAugust 12th, 2008 - 8:44 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 12 (IANS) Sony Ericsson Tuesday unveiled the C902 cybershot phone Titanium silver edition to coincide with the upcoming James Bond film “Quantum of Solace”. The C902, which is the company’s trademark cybershot phone featuring a five-megapixel camera, is used by popular film character Bond in the upcoming movie.
The phone will cost Rs.20,995 in the Indian market.
This isn’t the first time Sony has used virtual marketing to promote its product. Casino Royale, which marked Daniel Craig’s debut as James Bond, showcased an array of Sony products right from its Vaio range of laptops, digital cameras and mobile phones.
Vesper Lynd, who according to the story was Bond’s first and last love interest but actually was a double agent working with Mr. White - the film’s villain representing the Quantum Organization - also used a Sony Ericsson phone.
In the recently released Batman movie - The Dark Knight - Nokia too used the strategy to showcase their upcoming Tube mobile phone, which will be the Finnish major’s new full touch screen mobile phone.
The phones weighs Size 107 grams and is 108 mm long. With a built in memory of 60 MB which can be extended using a memory card, the phone has a screen size of two inches. The limited Titanium edition will come pre-loaded with Bond ring tones and wallpapers.
- New limited-edition Titanium silver version of 007 phone set to hit the shelves - Nov 01, 2008
- Sony Ericsson launches Xperia Arc, Play in India - Apr 07, 2011
- Sony Play Station Phone Images Starts Surfacing Online - Oct 27, 2010
- Watch 'Skyfall' first trailer on your mobiles - Jul 31, 2012
- Bond's Ericsson-controlled BMW come to life - with Nokia C7 - Jan 26, 2011
- Deepika Padukone - before the camera and behind it too! - Apr 07, 2010
- Sony to acquire Ericsson's stake in joint venture for $1.47 bn - Oct 27, 2011
- Sony to phase out feature phones by September - May 23, 2012
- Sony Ericsson To Launch Gaming Phone Xperia Play On February 13 - Feb 07, 2011
- Samsung launches Galaxy Note 800 in India - Aug 24, 2012
- Sony Ericsson Announces Bollywood Superstar Kareena Kapoor as its Brand Ambassador - Mar 27, 2010
- Future mobile phones can project movies - Feb 29, 2012
- Phone taking 3D pictures in markets soon - Sep 05, 2011
- Sony Ericsson Walkman Phone Yendo Is Likely To Be Shipped In February - Dec 21, 2010
- The latest Bond Girl is Berenice Marlohe - May 23, 2012
Tags: casino royale, daniel craig, dark knight, digital cameras, double agent, film character, james bond film, love interest, lynd, megapixel camera, memory card, silver edition, solace, sony ericsson, sony products, titanium edition, titanium silver, touch screen, villain, virtual marketing