Sonia to lay foundation stone of Dungarpur-Ratlam rail lineJune 3rd, 2011 - 1:24 am ICT by IANS
Udaipur (Rajasthan), June 2 (IANS) Congress president Sonia Gandhi will Friday lay foundation stone of Dungarpur-Banswara-Ratlam railway line in Rajasthan, an official said Thursday.
The foundation station of Dungarpur-Banswara-Ratlam railway line will fulfill long pending demand of people in of the region which has a sizeable tribal population, a Rajasthan government spokesman said.
Gandhi will lay the foundation stone of the project near Dungarpur railway station.
The spokesman said project, undertaken by the north-western railway, is estimated to cost Rs.2,083 crore and is slated to be completed in the next five years.
While the Rajasthan section of the project will involve construction of rail track over 126 km, the stretch in Madhya Pradesh will be 30 km.
The project will involve acquistion of 718.62 hectare land.
Gandhi will also Friday launch National Rural Livelihood Mission in Banswara district of the state.
Apart from Gandhi, the function to lay foundation stone of the railway project will be attended by state Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot and Rural Development Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh and Minister of State for Railways Mukul Roy.
- Sonia launches National Rural Livelihood Mission (Lead) - Jun 03, 2011
- Showcasing a 'pro-poor' agenda in tribal heartland - Jun 07, 2011
- Sonia launches livelihood mission for rural poor - Jun 03, 2011
- Bengal parties on foundation stone-laying, inauguration spree - Feb 27, 2011
- Rajasthan to provide free medicines - Oct 02, 2011
- National livelihood mission to rural raise workers's skills - Jun 03, 2011
- Foundation laid for Meghalaya's first railway line - Sep 08, 2012
- Incessant rains hit life in parts of Rajasthan - Aug 14, 2012
- Mumbai-Delhi Rajdhani catches fire, all safe (Lead) - Apr 18, 2011
- Gehlot highlights welfare schemes on I-Day - Aug 15, 2012
- Rajasthan widow alleges torture - Aug 24, 2011
- 10 killed, 25 injured in Rajasthan bus collision - Sep 11, 2012
- President arrives before time, inspires Mamata - Sep 22, 2010
- Eight arrested for stripping, beating eloping couple - Jul 24, 2012
- Rajasthan NGO gets special status from UN body - Feb 17, 2011
Tags: acquistion, ashok, banswara, chief minister, congress president sonia gandhi, crore, development minister, foundation stone, government spokesman, hectare land, next five years, railway line, railway project, railway station, rajasthan government, rs 2, state chief, tribal population, vilasrao deshmukh, western railway