Sonia, Rahul, Lalu to visit Rae Bareli Oct 14October 9th, 2008 - 9:35 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, October 9 (IANS) United Progressive Alliance (UPA) chairperson Sonia Gandhi, her son and Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi and Railway Minister Lalu Prasad will attend a function at a railways coach factory being constructed in Rae Bareli Oct 14, an official said Thursday.The leaders will be there to perform the “Bhoomi Poojan” of the factory.
Sonia Gandhi and Lalu Prasad had in February last year laid the foundation stone of the factory, to be spread over 1,200 acres in Rae Bareli’s Lalganj locality.
Sonia and Rahul will also address a public rally in Lalganj, district Congress president Uma Shanker Mishra told IANS on the telephone.
The UPA government has sanctioned Rs.17.85 billion for the factory.
Rae Bareli is Sonia Gandhi’s parliamentary constituency.
- Uttar Pradesh government withdraws land for UPA's rail coach factory - Oct 12, 2008
- Uttar Pradesh government withdraws land for rail coach factory (Lead) - Oct 12, 2008
- Lalu Prasad, Sonia in Rae Bareli to launch rail coach factory - Jan 27, 2009
- Lalu, Sonia to launch rail coach factory in Rae Bareli - Jan 26, 2009
- Court orders status quo on Rae Bareli land (Lead) - Oct 13, 2008
- Sonia Gandhi launches rail coach factory in Rae Bareli (Lead) - Jan 27, 2009
- UP allots land for AIIMS in Rae Bareli town - Aug 13, 2012
- Uttar Pradesh withdraws land for rail coach factory (Lead) - Oct 12, 2008
- Sonia wishes speedy recovery to PM - Jan 27, 2009
- Lalu, Sonia to visit Rae Bareli coach factory next week - Jan 22, 2009
- Sonia announces several schemes for Rae Bareli - Jul 27, 2012
- UP to get 148 model schools: Sonia Gandhi - Jul 26, 2012
- Sonia Gandhi to visit Rae Bareli - May 10, 2011
- Railways move court against decision on Rae Bareli land - Oct 13, 2008
- UP cops accidentally kill youth - Sep 01, 2012