Sonata Software net dips 64 percent in second quarterNovember 4th, 2011 - 9:38 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, Nov 4 (IANS) Leading IT consulting and services firm Sonata Software Ltd reported consolidated net profit of Rs.9 crore for the second quarter (July-Sep) of this fiscal (2011-12) as against Rs.25 crore in same period of last fiscal (2010-11), posting a steep decline of 64 percent year-on-year (YoY).
In a regulatory filing Friday, the Bangalore-based company said consolidated revenue for the quarter under review (Q2) too declined though marginally (1.5 percent YoY) to Rs.385 crore from Rs.391 crore like period year ago.
On stand-alone basis too, net profit plunged 78 percent to Rs.3.4 crore from Rs.15.2 crore in same period year ago and revenue to Rs.54 crore from Rs.66 crore in the corresponding period, a decrease of 18 percent YoY.
As a result, the company’s consolidated earnings per share (EPS) dipped to Rs.3.44 from Rs.9.52 on annualized basis. As stand-alone, EPS slumped to Rs.1.28 from Rs.5.78 on annualized basis. The face value of the company’s share is Re.1.
Owing to lower profits and need to invest in building the sales engine, the company declared an interim dividend of 50 percent per share.
- MindTree net plunges 53 percent in fiscal 2010-11 - Apr 21, 2011
- Infosys net up 10 percent in second quarter - Oct 12, 2011
- Infosys lowers guidance for fiscal 2013 (Lead) - Apr 13, 2012
- Wipro outlook cautious on flat growth (Lead) - Apr 25, 2012
- Biocon net marginally down in fiscal 2012 - Apr 27, 2012
- MindTree net dips 72 percent in first quarter - Jul 19, 2010
- Infosys net up 33 percent in first quarter - Jul 12, 2012
- Infosys beats guidance, revises outlook again - Oct 12, 2011
- Infosys profits from weak rupee, lowers dollar guidance (Lead) - Jan 12, 2012
- Infosys beats guidance but stock dips on muted earnings - Jul 12, 2011
- BEML posts Rs.14 crore net loss in Q4 of 2011-12 - May 31, 2012
- Infosys net up 33 percent in third quarter - Jan 12, 2012
- infosys revenue guidance dips on negative growth (Lead) - Jul 12, 2012
- Infosys net up 27 percent in fourth quarter - Apr 13, 2012
- TCS net up 30 percent in third quarter - Jan 17, 2011
Tags: consolidated earnings, consolidated revenue, crore, dips, earnings per share, eps, face value, interim dividend, net profit, profits, q2, rs 1, second quarter, sonata, sonata software ltd, steep decline, yoy