Some roads to be closed during Half Marathon: Traffic policeNovember 19th, 2010 - 9:34 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 19 (IANS) Several Delhi roads will be closed for a few hours Sunday, due to the Airtel Delhi Half Marathon Championship, the Delhi Traffic Police said Friday.
“Vinay Marg and Africa Avenue will be closed from 6.30 a.m. to 11.45 a.m., Aurobindo Marg and Prithviraj Road from 6.45 a.m. to 10.15 a.m., and Mansingh and Akbar roads, Rajpath, Janpath, Windsor Place from 7 a.m. to 10 a.m. Motorists are advised, for their own convenience, to avoid these routes,” a Traffic Police press release said.
According to Joint Commissioner of Police (Traffic) Satyendra Garg, the participants shall assemble at the Central Civil Services Sports and Cultural Board Ground (Central Secretariat Grounds) on Vinay Marg opposite Nehru Park. All the runs shall be flagged off from this spot.
Four categories of runs have been envisaged for this occasion - Senior Citizens’ Run, Half Marathon Championship, Wheelchair Event and the Great Delhi Run.
“General public/participants will park their vehicles on Race Course Ground, opposite the prime minister’s house, on Kamal Ataturk Marg. After parking their vehicles, they will reach the starting/holding point on foot via K.A. Marg and Vinay Marg,” Garg said.
A park-and-ride shuttle bus service will be available from Bhikaji Cama Place, where paid parking will be provided by the organisers. These vehicles will drop-off/pick-up on Niti Marg and the service will be available from 5.30 a.m. onwards, the statement said.
“All emergency vehicles including vehicles of Delhi Police, ambulances, the Fire Brigade and other emergency service vehicles are allowed to cross the route of the marathon when proceeding on emergency duties to save precious lives of people,” Garg said in the statement.
- Parking restrictions during India-Holland match - Mar 07, 2011
- Traffic advisory issued near Karni Singh Shooting range - Oct 04, 2010
- 100 motorists face action for entering Games lanes - Sep 27, 2010
- Games traffic curbs to be enforced Sunday - Sep 25, 2010
- Delhi braces for dedicated Games lanes - Sep 26, 2010
- Delhi Police gear up for New Year eve traffic - Dec 30, 2010
- Traffic restrictions for R-day parade rehearsal - Jan 22, 2012
- Trial on Games lane cancelled due to heavy rains (Lead) - Sep 13, 2010
- Games road lane trial planned during rush hour - Sep 12, 2010
- Traffic advisory issued for Games' closing ceremony - Oct 11, 2010
- Traffic regulations for Saturday IPL match - Apr 22, 2011
- Delhi Police warn against drunk driving on New Year's Eve - Dec 29, 2011
- R-Day Parade rehearsal hits traffic - Jan 23, 2012
- Obama visit: Capital's commuters can expect jams Monday - Nov 06, 2010
- Games lane to be operational from Thursday - Sep 22, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,