Snags hit Kolkata Metro againOctober 23rd, 2010 - 1:26 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Oct 23 (IANS) Metro services in Kolkata were disrupted yet again following technical snags Saturday, a day after its top boss was shunted out in the wake of a derailment three days ago.
A train failed to roll further due to a technical snag in the signalling panel board at Kavi Nuzrul station, a Metro spokesperson said.
“As no light was available, the train movement stopped following which Metro services between Mahanayak Uttam Kumar station and southern terminal station Kavi Subhas were suspended,” the spokesperson said.
Metro’s mechanical staff repaired the fault within an hour and train services resumed around 10 a.m.
In another incident, a Metro train developed a snag and was stranded after reaching Girish Park station. Passengers had to be evacuated, the official said.
“Smoke was noticed underneath a standing rake. The train got stranded and the Metro authorities requested commuters to dismount,” a Metro employee said.
“Being a Saturday morning, the rush of commuters was thin compared to other days, so the evacuation process went off peacefully,” he added.
Once highly rated for its snag-free journey, the Kolkata Metro has faced disruptions time and again recently.
The first ever derailment of two coaches in the history of the Kolkata Metro was reported Wednesday. Metro services were again disrupted briefly Friday after a train developed a technical snag at Kavi Subhas terminal station and was stranded.
On Friday evening, the general manager of Kolkata Metro Railway was transferred.
- Metro services disrupted again in Kolkata - Oct 22, 2010
- Two coaches of Kolkata Metro derail - Oct 20, 2010
- Automatic signaling system introduced on Kolkata Metro - Apr 08, 2012
- Crowds absent a day after Kolkata Metro derailment - Oct 21, 2010
- Mamata hints at CPI-M hand in Kolkata Metro snags - Oct 23, 2010
- Kolkata Metro services hit again - Oct 29, 2010
- Kolkata Metro services hit for 30 minutes - Nov 02, 2010
- Kolkata Metro gets automatic signalling system - Apr 22, 2012
- Two Kolkata Metro coaches derail, services hit (Lead) - Oct 20, 2010
- Railways begin Kolkata Metro derailment probe - Oct 21, 2010
- Thousands stranded as Metro services to Gurgaon disrupted (Lead) - Nov 19, 2010
- Technical snag against disrupts Metro line - Nov 29, 2010
- Technical snag hits Delhi Metro - Aug 24, 2010
- Technical snag on Metro leaves passengers stranded - Sep 05, 2010
- Technical snag hits Delhi Metro again - Dec 03, 2010
Tags: authorities, boss, briefly, commuters, disruptions, friday evening, journey, mechanical staff, metro railway, metro services, rake, rush, saturday morning, snags, spokesperson, technical snag, terminal station, train movement, train services, uttam kumar