Smart City Dubai not to withdraw from Smart City KochiJune 28th, 2010 - 10:12 pm ICT by IANS
Kochi, June 28 (IANS) A board of directors meeting of the proposed Rs.1,500 crore Smart City Kochi concluded here Monday without taking any decision on the fate of the IT project.
At the same time, the developer Smart City Dubai said it has no plans to pull out from the project.
Speaking to reporters here after the meeting, Smart City Dubai chief executive Fareed Abdul Rehman said: “Some more discussions have to take place because certain issues have to be resolved. We are not asking for anything new but just want those things that have been already written in the agreement and we have not asked anything new.”
He also invited the Chief Secretary of the state to visit their office in Dubai and to see what they are doing there.
Smart City Dubai is sticking to the agreement where it has been mentioned that they would get 12 per cent freehold rights (around 30 acres from the 246 acres). The Kerala government is adamant that it will not allow any real estate dealing and it is on this that the project is hanging fire.
Interestingly, State Fisheries Minister and Smart City Kochi Chairman S. Sarma did not attend the meeting.
And for the first time there were protests at the venue of the meeting. Members of the youth organisation of the ruling Left Democratic Front and the Revolutionary Socialist Party shouted slogans asking the state government to impelement the project.
- Last letter to Smart City Dubai on Kochi project: Achuthanandan - Nov 30, 2010
- Kochi infotech project off the blocks - Feb 23, 2011
- Kerala to serve ultimatum to Smart City Dubai on Kochi project - Sep 02, 2010
- Government committed to Kochi IT project: Achuthanandan - May 18, 2010
- Kerala delaying Kochi project, insists Smart City Dubai - Dec 02, 2010
- Arbitration will be our last resort: Smart City Dubai - Dec 31, 2010
- No breakthrough in Kerala IT project impasse - Dec 23, 2009
- Congress backs Kochi infotech project - Dec 09, 2010
- Decks cleared for Kochi infotech project - Feb 02, 2011
- Smart City CEO comes to get drunk: Achutnanandan (Lead) - Dec 31, 2010
- Board fails to break deadlock over Smart City Kochi - Mar 29, 2010
- Kerala government, opposition spar over Smart City Kochi project - Mar 30, 2010
- Kerala finally clears Smart City project (Lead) - Feb 02, 2011
- Smart City project should go on with Dubai, demands Congress - Nov 18, 2010
- Smart City project cannot be delayed any further: Developer - Jun 01, 2009
Tags: board of directors, chief executive, chief secretary, democratic front, fate, hanging fire, kerala government, protests, real estate, rehman, revolutionary socialist party, sarma, secretary of the state, slogans, smart city kochi, state fisheries, state government, venue, youth organisation