‘Slow global recovery biggest uncertainty for China’March 12th, 2012 - 1:58 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, March 12 (IANS) The governor of China’s central bank Monday said a slow world recovery process and the unstable economic and financial situation in Europe will be the biggest uncertainty for China’s economy this year.
“The world economy is highly globalised with a very active flow of capital worldwide. All of these factors will have an impact on our monetary policy,” Zhou Xiaochuan, governor of the People’s Bank of China (PBOC), told a press conference on the sidelines of the ongoing annual parliamentary session, reported Xinhua.
China has maintained a tight monetary policy for several months to prevent the economy from overheating and to fight inflation. Inflation has come down from a three-year high of 6.5 percent last July to 3.2 percent year-on-year as of last month.
Zhou welcomed as “a good thing” China’s trade deficit of $31.48 billion in February and its impact on the yuan. The deficit was the largest in a decade for the world’s second-largest economy, accustomed to enjoying huge trade surpluses.
- Slow recovery, Europe remain uncertainties: China (Lead) - Mar 12, 2012
- China back to trade surplus (Lead) - Apr 10, 2012
- China faces price rise pressure - Sep 25, 2011
- China's GDP growth is likely to reach 10% by 2010 - Jan 05, 2011
- IMF hails China's monetary adjustment - Jun 09, 2012
- China's exports rise to $173 bn in August - Sep 10, 2011
- Emerging economies spur global recovery: IMF - Feb 24, 2011
- China swings back to trade surplus - Apr 10, 2012
- Chinese own 2.95 bn bank cards - Mar 19, 2012
- Price stability top priority, says China's central bank - Sep 12, 2011
- China's GDP growth sees moderate slowdown (Lead) - Jul 13, 2011
- China posts biggest trade deficit in decade - Mar 11, 2012
- Sri Lanka's central bank keeps monetary policy unchanged - Oct 11, 2011
- China's foreign trade growth slows in November - Dec 11, 2011
- South Korean central bank cuts key interest rate - Jul 12, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,