Slovenia eyes doubling trade with India: AmbassadorMarch 7th, 2011 - 8:33 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, March 7 (IANS) Slovenia is eyeing to double the volume of bilateral trade with India in the shortest possible time, Slovenian Ambassador in India Janez Premoze said Monday.
The two countries had done two-way trade worth $302 million in 2010.
“Active negotiation on a Free Trade Agreement (FTA) between India and the EU is going on. I think it will be completed in middle of this year,” Premoze said during an interactive session on India-Slovenia trade opportunities organised by the Merchants Chamber of Commerce here.
According to him, Slovenia will focus on service sector, especially medical tourism, and energy sector apart from logistic and transportation to increase the volume of bilateral trade with India.
Slovenian Prime Minister Borut Pahor is to visit India June 14 leading a business delegation, when the two countries are expected to sign an agreement on avoiding double taxation, the ambassador said.
Slovenia will shortly open a consulate in Kolkata, he added.
- Slovenian prime minister seeks investments from India - Jun 16, 2011
- Slovenia aims to double bilateral trade with India - Jun 19, 2012
- Slovenia invites Indian investments and tourists - Dec 27, 2011
- India-Israel trade can go up to $15 bn, says envoy - Jun 20, 2012
- Israel's focus on IT, biotech in trade with India - Sep 13, 2011
- UAE trade minister seeks more foreign investments - Aug 31, 2009
- China expects S100 bn trade volume with India by 2015 - Aug 17, 2012
- India, Australia to double trade in four years - May 12, 2011
- India should ensure investment safety: German envoy (Interview) - Aug 12, 2012
- Colombia to ratify tax treaty with India by year-end - Jul 08, 2012
- India-Thailand bilateral trade expected to go up to $10 bn by 2012 - May 12, 2011
- It's now Slovenia calling Bollywood! (With Images) - Sep 21, 2012
- Slovenia target seven medals at London Olympics - Jul 04, 2012
- India seeks New Zealand's technology, investment - Jun 28, 2011
- India holds promise for German companies, says envoy - Jan 04, 2012
Tags: ambassador, bilateral trade, business delegation, chamber of commerce, double taxation, energy sector, free trade agreement, fta, India, interactive session, janez, june 14, kolkata, medical tourism, merchants, negotiation, prime minister, service sector, trade opportunities