SkodaIndia unveils new Fabia 1.2 MPI modelMay 2nd, 2008 - 7:15 pm ICT by admin
Pune, May 2 (IANS) With Fabia establishing itself in the Indian car market, ScodaIndia Friday unveiled yet another version of its popular hatch-back model, Fabia 1.2 petrol version, in three variants - Active, Classic and Ambiente. This new version has been competitively priced between Rs.486,795 and Rs.580,174 (ex-showroom).
The new Fabia model comes with 1,198 cc petrol engine and with high torque performance (HTP), expected to enhance fuel economy and ensure low emissions. It sports a 1.2 litre engine with 4 valves per cylinder and a double overhead cam (DOHC).
The vehicle will have dual airbags, rear wash and wipe and collapsible steering wheel as standard features. The Fabia 1.2 MPI is engineered to deliver high standards of performance, drivability and riding comfort to meet growing customer expectations in the market.
Fabia 1.2 MPI will be available in colours such as candy white, cappuccino beige, brilliant silver, magic black, satin grey, corrida red, tangerine orange.
Thomas Kuehl, board member (sales and marketing) of SkodaIndia, said: “With the introduction of Fabia 1.2 MPI, we are expanding the opportunities for SkodaIndia to become a meaningful part of our modern customers’ lifestyle. It carries all the attributes of the Fabia range, which have been so well appreciated in the market place.”
“I am delighted to present the Fabia 1.2 MPI with HTP engine that significantly enhances drivability and fuel efficiency of the car to our Indian customers,” he added.
The company has sold over 3,500 units of Fabia till April 2008. The target sales of Fabia product line is 10,000 units for 2008 wherein the share of Fabia 1.2 MPI is slated at 40 percent. SkodaIndia is confident to surpass the annual target of 25,000 units.
SkodaIndia is a fully owned subsidiary of SkodaAuto a.s. Czech Republic (Volkswagen Group) and has been operating in India since November 2001 with its manufacturing facilities at Aurangabad and Maharashtra.
- Skoda's August sales up 24 percent, to launch new car - Sep 03, 2010
- Skoda clocks 28.5 percent sales growth in 2008 - Jan 02, 2009
- Skoda starts production of entry-level sedan Rapid - Oct 07, 2011
- Skoda launches Rapid sedan - Nov 16, 2011
- Rs.1 mn prize for Indian contemporary art, courtesy Skoda - Aug 17, 2010
- Atkinson wins it for MRF - Apr 01, 2012
- Skoda launches new Superb for Indian market - Mar 10, 2009
- Hindustan Motors upgrades Mitsubishi Montero - Apr 16, 2012
- SkodaAuto India's May sales higher by 122.5 percent - Jun 02, 2008
- German carmakers launch new models in Autoexpo - Jan 05, 2010
- Toyota launches hatchback car Etios Liva - Jun 27, 2011
- Hyundai launches LPG variant of hatchback i10 - Nov 22, 2011
- GM to launch more dealerships - Sep 14, 2012
- General Motors showcases two new vehicles - Jan 06, 2012
- Skoda's August sales up 33 percent - Sep 01, 2009
Tags: aurangabad, black satin, customer expectations, double overhead cam, drivability, fuel economy, fuel efficiency, hatch back, indian car market, indian customers, manufacturing facilities, member sales, mpi, new fabia, overhead cam, skodaindia, steering wheel, target sales, torque performance, volkswagen group