SJVNL’s second plant to start power generation in DecemberJuly 25th, 2012 - 8:28 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, July 25 (IANS) Satluj Jal Vidyut Nigam’s second plant in Himachal Pradesh will start generating power from December this year, a company official said here Wednesday.
The generation in the 412 MW Rampur Hydro Electric Project’s first unit will begin in December and the entire project would be commissioned in September next year, SJVNL Chairman and Managing Director R.P. Singh told IANS.
The project, located in upper Shimla, Tuesday completed the excavation of 15-km long head race tunnel.
“This is a major milestone in the construction of the project. The final breakthrough was accomplished despite poor rock conditions,” he added.
SJVNL’s first plant, the 1,500 MW Nathpa Jhakri power project located in Kinnaur district, is the country’s biggest hydropower project. It started generation in 2004-05.
SJVNL is a joint venture of the central and the Himachal Pradesh governments.
- SJVNL declares Rs.388.84 crore dividend - Sep 04, 2012
- SJVNL declares Rs.333.9 crore dividend - Sep 13, 2011
- SJVNL achieves record power generation - Oct 09, 2011
- SJVNL aims to generate power worth Rs.1,557 crore - Mar 26, 2012
- Hydropower major forays into wind power - Feb 09, 2012
- Second SJVNL hydro project to be commissioned by 2013 - Feb 08, 2011
- SJVNL's Q3 profit up 20 percent - Jan 21, 2012
- Himachal hydropower projects shut, north India hit - Aug 02, 2012
- Himachal's hydropower plants shut, power shortage in north (Lead) - Aug 21, 2012
- Rising silt keeps Himachal hydropower plants shut - Aug 21, 2012
- Himachal hydro projects resume power generation - Aug 03, 2012
- Himachal hydropower plants remain shut for third day - Aug 22, 2012
- Record hydropower generation by Himachal plant - Apr 02, 2011
- Record generation by Himachal hydropower unit - Jun 05, 2010
- Hydropower generation resumes in Himachal - Jul 30, 2012
Tags: breakthrough, electric project, entire project, excavation, generating power, governments, hydro electric, hydropower project, jal, joint venture, managing director, milestone, mw, power generation, r p singh, shimla, vidyut