SJVNL net profit in 2009-10 at Rs.972 croreJuly 6th, 2010 - 7:53 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, July 6 (IANS) Hydropower major Satluj Jal Vidyut Nigam Ltd (SJVNL), which owns and operates the 1,500-MW Nathpa-Jhakri project in Himachal Pradesh, Tuesday reported a net profit of Rs.972.74 crore for the 2009-10 fiscal.
The state-run power utility posted a sales growth of Rs.161 crore on account of increased production.
SJVNL, the sixth divestment deal of the UPA government in its second term, is a joint venture between the central and the Himachal Pradesh government. The former held a 74.5 per cent stake, while the remaining 25.5 per cent is held by the state government.
However, the central government sold its 10 percent equity in May this year.
Currently, SJVNL has a paid up equity capital is Rs.4,108.81 crore.
The company announced a dividend of Rs.0.60 per share.
“The board of governors declared the dividend of Rs.0.60 per share amounting to Rs.248.20 crore in addition to Rs.0.19 per share already paid as interim dividend for 2009-10, thereby making the total dividend for 2009-10 to Rs.328.20 crore,” Chairman and Managing Director H.K. Sharma told IANS.
- SJVNL declares Rs.328.20 crore dividend - Sep 17, 2010
- SJVNL declares Rs.330.93 crore dividend - Aug 27, 2011
- Satluj Jal Vidyut Nigam's Q1 profit up 20 percent - Jul 15, 2011
- SJVNL declares Rs.388.84 crore dividend - Sep 04, 2012
- SJVNL declares Rs.333.9 crore dividend - Sep 13, 2011
- Record power generation at Himachal project - Nov 24, 2010
- SJVNL's net sales up by seven percent - Jul 30, 2010
- SJVNL's Q3 profit up 20 percent - Jan 21, 2012
- Himachal hydropower major upbeat over disinvestment plans (Lead) - Oct 20, 2009
- SJVNL upgrades Dhaula Sidh hydropower project in Himachal - Dec 20, 2009
- 'Divestment will help in branding Satluj Jal Vidyut Nigam' - Oct 20, 2009
- SJVNL donates Rs.1 cr for relief fund in Himachal - Dec 09, 2009
- Villagers oppose Himachal hydro project - May 08, 2011
- Record hydropower generation by Himachal plant - Apr 02, 2011
- Hydropower projects remain shut, north India hit - Jul 26, 2011
Tags: board of governors, central government, crore, equity capital, himachal pradesh government, interim dividend, jal, joint venture, managing director, net profit, nigam ltd, second term, stake, state government, vidyut