Sixth pay panel scales for Gujarat judicial officers soonNovember 29th, 2010 - 3:51 pm ICT by IANS
Gandhinagar, Nov 29 (IANS) The judicial officers in Gujarat will soon get pay and perks in keeping with the recommendations of the Sixth Pay Commission as the state finance minister has finally cleared the file in this regard.
This was stated in an affidavit the state government filed before the Gujarat High Court. The matter has been sent to Chief Minister Narendra Modi for his approval, it stated.
Following the affidavit, the first bench of the court comprising Chief Justice S.J. Mukhopadhaya and Justice K.M. Thaker in an order made available Monday directed the government to “implement the order of the Supreme Court in its letter and spirit”.
The court, hearing a petition of the Gujarat Labour Court Judicial Officers’ Association, had earlier observed that the central government revised the pay scales of judicial officers by notification of June 26, 2009.
The court noted that the benefits of revised pay scales were not given to the officers posted in the labour courts, though it was provided to the members of Gujarat State Judicial Service.
The bench in an earlier hearing of the case came down heavily on the state government for not complying with the Supreme Court’s order of May 4 which directed hike in pay scales and allowances with effect from Jan 1, 2006.
Arrears were ordered to be paid, 60 percent by cash spread over in two financial years and 40 percent by depositing in the provident fund account. The matter is now slated to come up before the court Dec 20.
- Gujarat told to hike pay of labour court judges - Aug 07, 2010
- Gujarat court summons officials on pay hike issue - Jun 14, 2011
- Gujarat warned on delay in labour court judges' pay hike - Dec 28, 2010
- High court ultimatum to Gujarat government on pay revision - Jun 20, 2011
- Gujarat to change work profile of fast track courts - Apr 05, 2011
- Court questions Gujarat on pollution - Jan 10, 2011
- Gujarat court summons official over illegal mining - Dec 21, 2010
- Court notice to state, centre on fixed wages - May 05, 2011
- Gujarat court orders demolition of buildings near jail - Jun 17, 2011
- Gujarat panchayat workers to get same pay as government staff - Apr 14, 2011
- Gujarat High Court questions judge's powers - Jun 30, 2010
- Gujarat riots: Report sought on damaged religious structures - Mar 22, 2011
- Apex court seeks attorney general's assistance in gay law case - Mar 21, 2012
- Court query on Gujarat cop's testimony before riots panel - Jun 30, 2011
- Court seeks information on declaring begging an offence - Jul 29, 2010
Tags: affidavit, arrears, central government, chief justice, chief minister, court noted that, finance minister, first bench, gujarat high court, gujarat state, judicial officers, judicial service, labour court, labour courts, modi, pay scales, provident fund, state finance, state government, thaker