Six new trains sought for JharkhandJanuary 10th, 2012 - 3:51 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, Jan 10 (IANS) Jharkhand Chief Minister Arjun Munda has sought six new trains for the state in the new rail budget and asked for increase in the frequencies of bi-weekly trains to five days a week.
“Ranchi has no direct link to many parts of the country,” Munda said in a letter to Railway Minister Dinesh Trivedi, according to a state government statement issued Tuesday.
“Industrial cities like Bokaro, Jamshedpur and Dhanbad do not have proper rail link with other parts of the country,” he added.
Munda has sought six new trains — Ranchi-Ahmedabad via Surat, Ranchi-Dumka, Ranchi-Dehradun via Lucknow and Haridwar, Ranchi-Delhi-Jaipur Duronto Express, Ranchi-Indore via Bhopal, and Tatanagar-Varanasi-Haridwar-Dehradun.
He requested that the Rajdhani Express, Hatia-LTT Superfast Express and Hatia-Yashwantpur Express should run daily instead of three days a week, and the Ranchi-New Delhi Garib Rath Express, Ranchi-Alipurdwar-Guwahati Express, Ranchi-LTT (via Jabalpur) Express and Darbhanga-Hyderabad Express should run five days instead of two.
- Railways cancel four trains after Gyaneshwari Express mishap - May 28, 2010
- Maoists blow up rail tracks in Jharkhand - Sep 13, 2010
- Maoists blast rail tracks, kill guard in Jharkhand (Lead) - Sep 13, 2010
- Night trains on key Jharkhand section resume after 19 months - Jan 13, 2012
- Maoist strike hits rail, road services in Jharkhand - Feb 07, 2010
- Denied bypoll ticket, Jharkhand Congress leader joins BJP - Jun 06, 2012
- Denied bypoll ticket, Jharkhand Congress leader joins BJP (Lead) - Jun 06, 2012
- BJP enforces Jharkhand economic blockade against railway budget - Mar 15, 2012
- Landslides disrupt Konkan Railway traffic - Jul 18, 2011
- Jharkhand protesters block train movements - Sep 11, 2011
- 522 Hospitals and Diagnostic Centres to be set up, says Mamata - Feb 24, 2010
- Many rail projects for Maoist-hit areas of West Bengal - Feb 24, 2010
- Jharkhand BJP demands resumption of night trains - Nov 27, 2011
- Train services disrupted after 'Maoist posters' seen on track - Jul 23, 2010
- Blast disrupts train services in Orissa - Jan 09, 2011
Tags: bhopal, chief minister, darbhanga, dehradun, garib rath express, government statement, guwahati, haridwar, hatia, indore, industrial cities, jabalpur, jamshedpur, ltt, munda, railway minister, rajdhani express, ranchi, tatanagar, varanasi