Six international airlines keen to fly from KolkataDecember 26th, 2011 - 11:39 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata Dec 26 (IANS) Six international airlines, including British Airways and Hong Kong’s Cathay Pacific, have evinced interest in flying to and from Kolkata, union Minister of State for Urban Development and Airport Advisory Committee chairman Sougata Roy said Monday.
The other airlines wishing to operate out of the eastern metropolis are Japan Airlines, Dubai Airlines, Fenix Airways and a Mauritius-based airline, the minister said.
He said German airlines Lufthansa, which has decided to stop operating in Kolkata after March, would be requested to reconsider its position. British Airways had also withdrawn its Kolkata-London flight in 2008.
“It is true that some international flights have withdrawn their services but airways like British Airways which had stopped their services from Kolkata are now showing interest again,” Roy said.
The union minister said the modernised Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International Airport would be fully operational from June next year. “The airport modernisation would be over by March 31 next year. But it will be fully operational by June after the shifting process is completed.”
- Jet inks frequent flier partnership with US Airways - Mar 05, 2011
- Cathay Pacific announces Hyderabad-Hong Kong flight - Aug 23, 2012
- Cathay Pacific launches cargo service to Hyderabad - May 17, 2012
- RAK Airways keen to operate more flights into Kerala - Aug 02, 2011
- Volcano In Iceland Continues To Impact Flights Globally - Apr 19, 2010
- Kolkata airport's new terminal operational by October - May 09, 2012
- Air India stops ferrying animals for labs - Sep 01, 2012
- Mamata flags off Kolkata-Singapore flight - Aug 01, 2011
- 'New Kolkata airport to be ready in three-four months' - Apr 30, 2012
- Modernisation work of Kolkata airport satisfactory: minister - Jan 05, 2010
- British Airways completes oneworld co-location in Tokyo - Oct 26, 2010
- Eight flights cancelled in Kolkata - Apr 28, 2011
- Four Air India flights from Kolkata cancelled - Apr 29, 2011
- Dragonair to link Kolkata and Hong Kong - May 23, 2012
- Lufthansa pilots suspend strike after talks - Feb 23, 2010
Tags: advisory committee chairman, airline, airport advisory committee, british airways, cathay pacific, eastern metropolis, fly, german airlines, hong kong, international airlines, international flights, japan airlines, lufthansa, minister of state, modernisation, subhas chandra bose, union minister, urban development