Six housing projects for slum dwellersMarch 11th, 2011 - 7:56 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 11 (IANS) To cope up with the increasing burden of migrant population in the city, the Delhi government has decided to build more houses for slum dwellers under the Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission (JNNURM).
At a steering committee meeting of the JNNURM chaired by Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit Friday, six new housing projects were discussed and approved.
The government plans to build a total of 20,520 dwelling units in four-storeyed blocks at an estimated cost of Rs.1,139 crore.
“The government plans to simultaneously develop the basic amenities like schools, dispensaries, shopping centres, transport facilities and power lines in these areas,” a Delhi government official said.
It would rope in an independent agency for impartial and fair inspection of the structures. The agency will keep a close eye on the construction material, the official said.
“The Delhi State Industrial and Infrastructure Development Corporation (DSIIDC) will construct 8,420 units at Tikri Kalan in west Delhi, while the Delhi Urban Shelter Improvement Board (DUSIB) will construct houses in various other parts of west Delhi at Bhalswa-Jahangirpuri Pocket I and II, Sultanpuri, and Savda-Ghevra Phase-II in north Delhi,” the official added.
The projects have been scrutinised by the Building Material Scrutiny Agency (BMSA) of the union urban development ministry and have been evaluated by Housing and Urban Development Corporation (HUDCO).
- Delhi government to build 35,000 flats for poor - Feb 03, 2011
- DSIIDC to set up more industrial projects in Delhi - Jul 24, 2011
- Community sewage project to end open defecation in Delhi colony - May 16, 2012
- NGOs asked to make night shelters popular - Jan 10, 2012
- 7,400 houses for poor in Delhi, says Dikshit - Jul 05, 2012
- Housing ministry offers to help quake-hit states - Sep 19, 2011
- Delhi shelter homes to be all-weather ones - May 20, 2012
- South African team envisages interest in low-cost housing scheme (With images) - Jan 24, 2012
- DSIIDC wants service sector in industrial estates - Jan 01, 2012
- Delhi to provide shelter to migrant workers - Jan 08, 2012
- Delhi's slum dwellers to get 15,000 low-cost flats - Jan 04, 2011
- Court notice on villagers' plea against oil depot - May 02, 2012
- '1,024 units for slum dwellers within six months' - Sep 07, 2010
- Urban development funds based on states' performance: Montek - Dec 03, 2010
- 548 projects sanctioned under urban renewal mission - Mar 13, 2012
Tags: bmsa, construction material, delhi government, delhi state, development ministry, dsiidc, dwelling units, housing and urban development, housing projects, independent agency, infrastructure development, jawaharlal nehru, migrant population, national urban, north delhi, sheila dikshit, slum dwellers, transport facilities, urban development corporation, west delhi