Six-coach trial run on Delhi-Gurgaon Metro lineFebruary 6th, 2011 - 9:23 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 6 (IANS) Trial runs of two six-coach trains were conducted Sunday evening on the Metro line connecting Delhi to its satellite town Gurgaon. The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) targets 95 such trains on its entire network by the yearend.The trains stopped at all the stations on the Jahangirpuri-HUDA City Centre route.
The trials were conducted to ensure full safety of the “rolling stock, signalling, electrical and other systems of the six coach trains”, a DMRC statement said.
Four-coach trains on the line continued to run without any change, the statement said.
The Delhi Metro introduced the first six-coach train Dec 23 last year on the Dwarka-Noida and Dwarka-Anand Vihar route. Five such trains now run on this line.
“By the end of 2011, there will be 95 six-coach trains in the Delhi Metro network. This will take the total number of trains to 208. On the Jahangirpuri-HUDA City Centre line, there will be 54 six-coach trains by the end of 2011,” the statement said.
“Similarly, on Line 3 and 4 (Dwarka-Noida and Dwarka-Anand Vihar) there will be 39 six-coach trains and on Line-6 (Central Secretariat-Badarpur) there will be two six-coach trains by the end of 2011,” it added.
- Delhi Metro inducts six-coach trains (Second Lead) - Dec 23, 2010
- Delhi Metro inducts six-coach trains (Third Lead) - Dec 23, 2010
- Delhi metro inducts six-coach trains to ease rush (lead) - Dec 23, 2010
- Delhi Metro to induct eight-coach trains to ease rush - Jul 15, 2012
- Delhi Metro to induct 8-coach trains on two busy corridors - May 02, 2012
- Delhi Metro completes eight years, plans more trains - Dec 24, 2010
- Two extra coaches to ease rush on Delhi Metro - Dec 05, 2010
- Delhi Metro to induct eight coach trains in two years - Aug 08, 2011
- Metro ridership touches 18 lakh, sets new record - Aug 02, 2011
- Six-coach trains cheer Metro commuters - Dec 24, 2010
- Delhi Metro ridership touches 22 lakh (Second Lead) - Aug 02, 2012
- Delhi Metro ridership touches 22 lakh - Aug 02, 2012
- Metro to introduce six-coach trains by December - Nov 26, 2010
- 12 more trains for Delhi Metro before Games - Jul 27, 2010
- Metro woes: Slow trains, crowded stations in Delhi - Feb 01, 2011
Tags: anand, central secretariat, coach train, delhi metro rail, delhi metro rail corporation, dwarka, entire network, gurgaon, line 3, line 6, metro line, metro network, New Delhi, noida, rolling stock, satellite town, secretariat, sunday evening, trains