Sistema Shyam TeleServices raises Rs.1,280 croreJanuary 12th, 2012 - 4:50 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 12 (IANS) Russian telecom major Sistema Thursday said its Indian arm — Sistema Shyam TeleServices (SSTL) — has raised Rs.1,280 crore from Deutsche Bank for scaling up its operations in the country.
SSTL which operates its telecom services under the MTS brand has over 15 million wireless customers.
“It was quite challenging to raise such significant funds with such long tenor under current uncertain regulatory environment in India, but business has to continue and grow,” said Sergey Savchenko, chief financial officer of Sistema Shyam Teleservices.
The entire amount of Rs.1,280 crore has been received by SSTL and the 8-year debt is payable by 2019.
The company had in September raised a Rs.920 crore loan from Barclays Bank and ICICI Bank.
“We are planning to utilize the proceeds to further scale up our telecom operations and repayment of maturing loan,” Savchenko added.
Sistema holds a 56.68 percent stake in the venture, while the Russian government holds 17.14 percent and the Shyam Group of India has another 23.98 percent. The remaining 2.2 is publicly owned.
- Sistema to contest Supreme Court verdict on 2G licence - Feb 03, 2012
- Sistema Shyam issues over 547 mn shares to Russian government - Mar 30, 2011
- SSTL raises $200 mn loan from ICICI, Barclays Bank - Sep 29, 2011
- MTS launches zero paisa plan to retain customers - Feb 09, 2012
- Sistema gives India 6 months to settle 2G licences row - Feb 28, 2012
- Sistema Shyam gets Rs.500 cr loan to fund expansion - Mar 30, 2010
- Foreign investor sentiment will not be affected: Sibal - Feb 08, 2012
- Manmohan to meet key ministers over 2G verdict - Feb 09, 2012
- Bahrain's Batelco to exit India, to sell stake in STel - Feb 08, 2012
- Russia, India to discuss Sistema licence during BRICS summit - Mar 26, 2012
- Decision on 2G auction participation only by October: SSTL - Sep 10, 2012
- SSTL files review petition in Supreme Court - Mar 02, 2012
- SSTL's quarterly net loss rises to Rs.1,197 crore - Apr 11, 2012
- SSTL reports quarterly loss of Rs.657.6 crore - Sep 07, 2011
- Minimum bid price for 2G spectrum too high: SSTL - Aug 07, 2012
Tags: barclays, barclays bank, chief financial officer, deutsche bank, icici bank, India, indian arm, New Delhi, percent stake, proceeds, regulatory environment, russian government, sstl, telecom operations, telecom services, teleservices, tenor, wireless customers