Sistema Shyam launches CDMA services in KolkataMay 21st, 2009 - 4:03 pm ICT by IANS
By Pupul Dutta
Kolkata, May 21 (IANS) Telecom operator Sistema Shyam Teleservices, a joint venture between Russia’s Sistema and India’s Shyam group, Thursday launched its CDMA services for the West Bengal circle, and said it would invest $150 million in this telecom service area over the next four years.
The company had earlier launched CDMA services in the Tamil Nadu, Kerala and Rajasthan circles.
Sistema Shyam has invested $80 million in the Kolkata and West Bengal service areas so far, said company president and chief executive Vsevolod Rozanov at the launch of the service here.
“Our current investment in the state is approximately $80 million. We plan to invest around $150 million in the next three-four years,” Rozanov added.
The company, which has earmarked $5.5-billion for investment in India, plans to spend about $600-700 million by the end of this year.
Sistema Shyam was granted licences and spectrum last year to provide CDMA mobile services in 22 circles last year.
- Sistema Shyam hoping to sell IT infrastructure to IBM (Lead) - May 21, 2009
- Sistema Shyam to secure $200m Gazprombank loan - Dec 20, 2010
- Russia's Sistema to float public issue for Indian telecom arm - Aug 11, 2010
- Russian Sistema's India unit to appoint banks for IPO - Mar 15, 2011
- SSTL reports quarterly loss of Rs.657.6 crore - Sep 07, 2011
- Sistema Shyam's net loss narrows to Rs.528 crore - May 29, 2012
- Shyam Sistema launches CDMA services in Tamil Nadu - Mar 26, 2009
- MTS launches advanced broadband service - Sep 01, 2011
- Sistema-Shyam launches MTS in Gujarat - Dec 03, 2010
- Sistema Shyam issues over 547 mn shares to Russian government - Mar 30, 2011
- Sistema Shyam expects 10 mn user base by December - Mar 25, 2010
- Shyam Sistema CDMA services in Chennai, Kerala this month - Mar 23, 2009
- Sistema Shyam to decide on IPO by year-end - Sep 06, 2010
- Sistema Shyam launches mobile phone services in Tamil Nadu (Lead) - Mar 26, 2009
- Minimum bid price for 2G spectrum too high: SSTL - Aug 07, 2012
Tags: circles, company president, India, joint venture, kerala, kolkata, launch, mobile services, rajasthan, rozanov, russia, service areas, shyam, spectrum, tamil nadu, telecom operator, telecom service, west bengal