Singapore resort lures with dinosaurs and Marilyn MonroeOctober 26th, 2009 - 7:17 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 26 (IANS) A small marketing gimmick of a model posing as famous Hollywood actor Marilyn Monroe - complete with her white dress flying - caught everyone’s imagination at a press conference here and gave a sneak peek into the scores of attractions at Singapore’s biggest casino resort scheduled to open next year.
Estimated to attract 13 million visitors, Resorts Sentosa - as the integrated resort is called - will have amongst its list of attractions Asia’s only Universal Studios theme park.
From a pair of 15-storeyed tall cranes dancing to a castle right from the animated film Shrek welcoming you, from dinosaurs ogling at you at the Jurassic Park theme arena to a science fiction city - to even celebrity look-alikes like Marilyn Monroe and Betty Boop smiling at you - one would be able to see their imagination come to life in the movie theme park.
Besides the movie theme park - which will have 24 rides - there will also be an oceanarium with 20 million gallons of water. One can simply wear their bathing suits and swim with dolphins and fishes and even see the sharks underwater, before heading off to one of the 30 restaurants and food carts for a snack.
Krist Boo, vice president of the resort, said: “The Indian market is very important to us. It’s one of the top three markets in the Sentosa island in Singapore. That’s why we will have special travel packages for India travellers to the resort.”
“We have tied up with a number of travel operators in India and will announce the packages next month. The average cost of a daily pass to the resort will be around Rs.25,000,” Boo told IANS at a press conference here Monday.
Amongst the range of delicacies that will be on the offer in the restaurants, Boo said that there will be vegetarian food and tandoori specialities, keeping the Indian customer in mind.
The resort will have four hotels and spas offering 30 different therapy rooms.
The Resorts Sentosa have had a total investment of approximately 4.32 million US dollars.
- Where's bachelor party? On foreign shores, say desi boys (Feature) - Apr 25, 2012
- California seeks more Indian tourists - Mar 19, 2010
- India's first oceanarium to come up in Greater Noida - May 05, 2012
- Asia's first Legoland to open in Malaysia - Apr 26, 2012
- Monroe's nude pictures surface - Jun 04, 2012
- Dolphin activists oppose Sea World project in Maharashtra - Feb 29, 2012
- With business growing, Germany beckons Indian tourists - Aug 14, 2011
- Helena Christensen's beauty rules! - Jul 24, 2011
- Thailand's Shivdasani to bring his Six Senses hotel brand to India - Mar 13, 2011
- New tapes could reveal mystery behind Marilyn Monroe's death - Apr 27, 2011
- Singapore may beat Las Vegas as gaming destination - May 03, 2012
- Lively pretends to be Marilyn Monroe - Jul 23, 2012
- Two Indians dead, 22 injured in Malaysia accident (Second Lead) - Mar 05, 2012
- Marilyn Monroe's Home For Sale - Jul 14, 2010
- Why is Pixie Lott anti-social networking? - Sep 07, 2011
Tags: animated film, bathing suits, delicacies, fiction city, film shrek, food carts, hollywood actor, jurassic park theme, oceanarium, sentosa, sentosa island in singapore, sneak peek, special travel, tandoori, theme arena, travel operators, universal studios, universal studios theme park, vegetarian food, white dress