Singapore, Kerala to enhance IT cooperationJune 16th, 2009 - 1:19 am ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, June 15 (IANS) Cooperation in the IT sector between Singapore and industry majors in Kerala has received a major boost after a delegation from the Group of Technopark Companies (GTech) visited the city-state for talks with senior government officials and business lobbies.
GTech represents the heads of all major IT companies in Technopark, which is home to more than 120 companies and employ close to 18,000 people.
The GTech initiative has led to renewed interest among the business community in Singapore, a press release issued here Monday evening after the team’s return said.
The delegation held deliberations with the government agencies. They also had discussions with organisations like Singapore Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (SICCI) and other business lobbies.
Singapore’s business community expressed keenness to partner with GTech in students’ internship programme whereby engineering and the management students from Singapore are given the opportunity to undergo training in new cutting edge technologies in Technopark, the press release said.
“SICCI has invited GTech to participate at the business meet of the Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) summit to be organised in Singapore in November 2009.
“Singapore Business Federation has also agreed to host a business meet in Singapore for the IT companies from Kerala to network and to explore market opportunities,” read the release.
- Singapore, Kerala to enhance IT cooperation - Apr 13, 2012
- Kerala IT companies tap into Danish ICT market - May 11, 2011
- GTECH to tap Scandinavian markets - Aug 13, 2010
- India, Singapore business chambers to boost trade - Jul 11, 2012
- Singapore invites Indian investment in education and health - Jul 11, 2012
- India's first telecom business incubator in Kerala - Oct 27, 2011
- Kerala IT team to visit global infotech fair - Mar 01, 2011
- 'Kerala Model' proposed for growth of IT in state - Jun 09, 2011
- Three Kerala IT firms win Nasscom honours - Oct 10, 2011
- Singapore Airshow sees deals worth $31 billion - Feb 18, 2012
- Exempt IT from shutdowns, GTech urges Kerala government - May 04, 2010
- Prime minister to inaugurate Emerging Kerala summit - Jul 16, 2012
- Infosys to train British youth in software skills - May 09, 2012
- Britain interested in Kerala infrastructure projects - May 22, 2012
- Technopark signs MoU with Sharjah Free Zone - Jun 16, 2011
Tags: apec, asia pacific economic cooperation, business community, business lobbies, chambers of commerce, chambers of commerce and industry, cutting edge technologies, delegation, deliberations, government agencies, government officials, gtech, indian chambers of commerce, majors, management students, market opportunities, pacific economic cooperation, Press Release, sicci, singapore business federation