Sikorsky to display chopper with Made in India cabinMarch 20th, 2012 - 8:28 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, March 20 (IANS) US-based Sikorsky Global Helicopters will display its S-92 Legacy of Heroes (LOH) chopper, whose cabins are built here, across five Indian cities from March 26.
Sikorsky, a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp, will mount a static display of the S-92 in Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, New Delhi and Mumbai, a company statement said Tuesday.
A six-member crew will conduct briefings during the tour to highlight the multi-mission capability of the aircraft, which includes search and rescue (SAR) missions as well as a variety of transportation missions for accessing offshore oil and gas rigs, coastal surveillance, emergency medical transport and VIP transportation.
The global tour of the LOH commenced in the US in September last year. Since then, it has visited Malaysia, Indonesia, Brunei, Singapore and Thailand.
“The S-92 Legacy of Heroes tour to India has a special significance, as cabins for the S-92 are manufactured in Hyderabad. With India serving as a global manufacturing base for this aircraft, it is a homecoming for the helicopter,” said Air Vice Marshal (retd) Arvind Walia, Sikorsky’s executive vice president for India and South Asia.
“With their multi-mission capabilities, helicopters will play a significant role in India’s continued infrastructure development, especially for offshore oil operations, SAR missions and coastal surveillance,” Walia added.
The worldwide fleet of 152 S-92 helicopters has accumulated more than 400,000 flight hours since deliveries began in 2004. The S-92 is the only helicopter to have been certified to FAA/EASA part 29 rigorous airworthiness standards without exception or waiver.
- Sikorsky delivers VIP chopper to Maharashtra - Dec 29, 2011
- Sikorsky offers military choppers to India (With image) - Mar 04, 2012
- First Tata-made Sikorsky S-92 helicopter airframe flies (With Images) - Aug 20, 2012
- Sikorsky delivers passenger chopper to Maharashtra (With images) - Dec 29, 2011
- Tata unveils first cabin for Sikrosky-92 helicopter - Nov 07, 2010
- Indian company makes chopper airframes for US - Feb 18, 2010
- Tata unveils first cabin for Sikrosky-92 helicopter (Lead) - Nov 07, 2010
- Tata launches 3 aerospace production units - Feb 14, 2011
- Work begins on Tata helicopters cabin facility - Jul 31, 2009
- Sikorsky planning more JVs with Indian firms - Jun 02, 2010
- AgustaWestland sells two more VIP helicopters in India - Feb 09, 2011
- US offers latest airborne radar to India - Mar 21, 2010
- Dreamliner, Sukhoi Superjet to be showcased at India Aviation - Mar 10, 2012
- Indian Navy choppers bid delayed, firm lodges protest - Sep 10, 2012
- US clears attack chopper, sophisticated radar, missiles for India - Jan 04, 2011
Tags: air vice marshal, airworthiness standards, coastal surveillance, easa, flight hours, gas rigs, global tour, india and south asia, infrastructure development, medical transport, member crew, mission capabilities, mission capability, offshore oil operations, s 92, sar missions, united technologies corp, vip transportation, walia, worldwide fleet