Siemens Energy to add 825 jobs in Charlotte, NCMarch 12th, 2010 - 12:50 am ICT by BNO News
RALEIGH, NORTH CAROLINA (BNO NEWS) – Siemens Energy Inc. will expand its gas turbine operations in Mecklenburg County, Charlotte, Governor Beverly Perdue announced on Thursday.
Siemens will invest at least $135 million over the next year in its expansion project, which will also add 825 jobs. The project was possible due to the state grants awarded from the Job Developmental Investment Grant program and One North Carolina Fund.
The company will expand its Westinghouse Boulevard campus and relocate gas turbine manufacturing operations from Ontario, Canada to Charlotte. This expansion will complement the previously announced additional office space for new engineers in Charlotte. There are 777 North Carolina citizens currently employed with Siemens. The 825 new jobs will have an average annual wage of $64,000.
“We already supply the power systems that provide one third of the nation’s electricity, and through this expansion in Charlotte, we will be able to continue bringing efficient and competitive power-generation options to customers around the world. We’ve had a presence in the Charlotte area and in other areas in North Carolina for decades, and it was our first-hand knowledge of the excellent business environment here that convinced us to expand our investment further,” said Michael Suess, CEO of Siemens Energy’s Fossil Power Generation Division.
- Clariant to expand operations in North Carolina with $2.5 million investment, creating 50 jobs - Apr 06, 2010
- Northeast Foods to make $25 million investment in North Carolina - Feb 23, 2010
- International heat exchanger manufacturer to invest and create jobs in Catawba County, NC - Mar 13, 2010
- Albaad USA Inc. to invest $9 million and create 95 jobs in Reidsville, NC - Apr 15, 2010
- VSA LLC to invest $4.5 million in Burke County, NC production plant - May 12, 2010
- Siemens to invest Rs.400 crore on wind turbines in India - Nov 30, 2010
- North Carolina to expand "Healthy and Ready to Learn" initiative - Mar 19, 2010
- North Carolina Governor announces new initiative to help small businesses - Mar 06, 2010
- GMR to sell energy business stake to Petronas - Sep 26, 2011
- Wind turbine produces water out of thin air - May 01, 2012
- GMR secures funding for its Singapore power project - Jul 15, 2011
- North Carolina gives local businesses contracting advantage - Feb 18, 2010
- North Carolina Governor urges residents to prepare for hurricane season - May 26, 2010
- North Carolina receives $9.3 million for children's health innovations - Feb 24, 2010
- Wind to account for 15 percent of Mexico's electricity mix - Feb 16, 2012
Tags: beverly perdue, bno, business environment, charlotte area, energy inc, expansion project, fossil power, gas turbine, grant program, hand knowledge, jobs in charlotte nc, mecklenburg county, nc raleigh, new jobs, north carolina citizens, power generation division, raleigh north carolina, siemens energy, state grants, westinghouse