Shyam-Sistema denies TRAI’s chargesNovember 18th, 2010 - 10:19 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 18 (IANS) Telecom service provider Sistema-Shyam Teleservices Ltd (SSTL) Thursday denied the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India’s (TRAI) charge that the company failed to meet its rollout obligations.
“Amongst the new telecom operators, Sistema Shyam Teleservices Ltd was the first company to launch its services. The company has complied with all its rollout obligations in all the 22 telecom circles and has already secured over 7 million voice subscribers and over 300,000 data customers,” the company said in a statement released here.
Earlier Thursday, India’s telecom watchdog said it had recommended scrapping of 69 of the 122 licences given for 2G phone services to new players.
Of the 69 licences, 20 have been issued to Loop Telecom, 15 to Etisalat DB, 11 to Sistema-Shyam, 10 to Videocon, 8 to Uninor, and 5 to Aircel.
SSTL is joint venture between Sistema, one of Russia’s largest listed companies with annual revenues of $19 billion, and India’s Shyam Group. Sistema currently holds 73.71 percent share in the venture. Shyam Group holds 23.79 percent and the remaining 2.5 percent is with the public.
- TRAI examining recommendation to cancel 17 licenses: Sibal - Jun 30, 2011
- Telecos paid Rs.73.73 crore penalty for late 2G rollout: Sibal - Jan 01, 2011
- Why only 15 for licence cancellation, TRAI asks DoT - May 25, 2011
- Cabinet okays Rs.14,000 crore as spectrum auction base price - Aug 03, 2012
- Watchdog wants government to cancel more telecom licenses - Jul 15, 2011
- STel, Etisalat told to restore services till licence expires - Apr 11, 2012
- Notices soon on errant telecom companies: Sibal - Nov 29, 2010
- Russian Sistema's India unit to appoint banks for IPO - Mar 15, 2011
- Sistema to contest Supreme Court verdict on 2G licence - Feb 03, 2012
- Watghdog wants 69 teleom licences scrapped for poor roll-out (Lead) - Nov 18, 2010
- Sibal promises action against errant telecom firms (Lead) - Nov 29, 2010
- Sibal assures level-playing field for all telecos - Dec 22, 2010
- Uninor, others pay penalty for delayed 2G rollout - Dec 29, 2010
- Sibal meets Ambani, Tata, Mittal on spectrum, telecom issues - Dec 21, 2010
- Legal opinion sought on cancelling 83 new telecom licences - Aug 14, 2011
Tags: aircel, etisalat, joint venture, loop telecom, New Delhi, new telecom, russia, sstl, subscribers, telecom circles, telecom operators, telecom regulatory authority, telecom regulatory authority of india, telecom service provider, teleservices, trai, videocon, watchdog