Shree Ganesh’s solar projects in UP, Bihar likely by OctAugust 24th, 2012 - 11:42 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Aug 24 (IANS) City-based jewellery maker Shree Ganesh Jewellery House (SGJHL), which had earlier forayed into solar power business, Friday said it was hopeful of commissioning its proposed solar power plants in Uttar Pradesh and Bihar by October.
Kolkata-headquartered Alex Group of Companies will operate the two solar power units - 50 MW in Uttar Pradesh and 75 MW in Bihar. The jewellery maker has a majority stake in Alex Group, co-promoted by the Surekha Group.
“We have already received permission from both the state governments for the two solar projects. We are hopeful of commissioning the plants in the next couple of months,” Shree Ganesh Jewellery chief financial officer Ashok P. Sahani said here.
Works at the two projects are in advance stages of completion, Sahani added.
The company had earlier invested in two 25-MW solar power projects in Odisha and Gujarat and one 5-MW solar power project in Rajasthan.
Commercial production in the Gujarat plant, executed through Alex Group, started in April this year.
The company expects Rs.60 crore revenue from its solar power business in Gujarat during this financial year.
- Shree Ganesh jewellery aims to generate 500 MW solar power - Apr 12, 2012
- Shree Ganesh Jewellery in JV with Italian firm for Rs.100 cr plant - Oct 28, 2011
- Lanco Solar bags Rs.884.18 crore solar power project - May 26, 2011
- E-trade of gold bars begins Aug 2 - Jul 31, 2010
- Reliance Power's second quarter operating revenue up 189 percent - Nov 08, 2011
- Asia's largest solar park functional in Gujarat - Apr 19, 2012
- Areva joins Reliance to set up solar power plant - Apr 13, 2012
- IPCL, DPSC to invest Rs.26,450 crore in power - Jul 20, 2011
- India to have 2 GW solar power capacity by 2013 - Nov 09, 2011
- Abound Solar, Solarsis commission plant in Andhra - Jan 16, 2012
- HPL eyes two projects to beat financial crisis - Oct 26, 2011
- Videocon mulls relocating Bengal power, steel projects - Oct 09, 2011
- CESC's Haldia thermal power project by 2013-14 - Jul 29, 2011
- US-China to build world's largest solar plant - Jan 06, 2011
- ONGC to set up n-plant, fertilizer unit, solar projects - Dec 29, 2011
Tags: advance stages, alex, ashok, chief financial officer, gujarat, jewellery maker, kolkata, majority stake, mw, odisha, power business, shree ganesh, solar power plants, solar power projects, solar projects, state governments