Shimla mayor questions permission to realtorMay 17th, 2011 - 9:44 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, May 17 (IANS) The controversy over permission to a private realtor for setting up an ultra-luxurious housing project in the Himachal Pradesh capital generated more heat Tuesday with the town’s mayor alleging the municipal commissioner had granted the clearance without following rules.
Mayor Madhu Sood accused civic Commissioner A.N. Sharma of issuing a no-objection certificate (NOC) to Bemloe Development and Infrastructure Company in a day’s time.
“Applications for simple permission to redo old buildings in Shimla keep piling up in commissioner’s office. He is not bothered to look into them. But in this case, everything was okayed in a single day without following necessary procedures,” she told reporters here.
“The NOC (no-objection certificate) to purchase 6,650 square metres land in the heart of town for building 24 cottages is in itself a violation. The builder has even axed dozens of trees to ensure a road up to the housing complex,” Sood, who is backed by the Congress, added.
Sharma, however, said there were some other reasons for mayor’s outburst. “I will come out with facts soon.”
Union Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises Minister and former chief minister Virbhadra Singh also slammed the the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) state government last month for allowing the builder associated with a Delhi-based company to construct the housing project, alleging top political functionaries in the government were involved in illegal property transactions and were promoting realtors.
- Controversy over Shimla's ultra-luxury housing project - May 23, 2011
- No violations by private realtor in Shimla: Dhumal - Aug 29, 2011
- Buying dream cottage in Himachal may get tougher - Apr 11, 2012
- Will British era building soon be Shimla spa? (With Image) - Jul 27, 2011
- Delay in flat transfer hits Himachal real estate - Sep 02, 2012
- Himachal to make law for confiscation of illegal property - Apr 08, 2011
- Priyanka's dream cottage to come up again - Aug 26, 2011
- Congress disrupts Himachal assembly over tree cutting - Mar 18, 2011
- Committee to review Himachal land laws: Dhumal - May 04, 2011
- Notice to DLF, Himachal government on housing project - Oct 17, 2011
- Himachal land purchase by Bhushan illegal: Virbhadra - Feb 21, 2012
- Himachal government promoting realtors: Congress - May 14, 2011
- Himachal assembly panel to review realty norms - Apr 06, 2011
- Government amends procedures for construction around airports - Sep 07, 2012
- BJP rulers in illegal property deals in Himachal: Virabhadra - Apr 02, 2011
Tags: bharatiya janata party, chief minister, himachal pradesh, housing project, infrastructure company, madhu, municipal commissioner, necessary procedures, noc, objection certificate, old buildings, outburst, property transactions, realtor, shimla, single day, small and medium enterprises, sood, state government, time applications