Shares of Anil Ambani group firms soar TuesdayOctober 5th, 2010 - 11:37 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Oct 5 (IANS) The shares of companies in the Reliance-Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group (ADAG) shot up Tuesday led by Reliance Media Works that closed 37 percent higher on what analysts attributed to brisk buying on expectations of “some good news”.
Reliance Media Works, which opened at Rs.212.75, shot up 40.7 percent to an intra day high of Rs.299.40. It closed the day at Rs.292.95 at the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE).
“After the deal struck by Reliance Big with the production house of (Hollywood actor-director) Tom Hanks, investors expect another big news ,” said an analyst with a leading brokerage firm here.
The benchmark 30-share sensitive index (Sensex) of the BSE, on the other hand, closed with a 0.33 percent loss at 20,407.71 points.
The flagship company of ADAG, Reliance Communications, was among the top gainers in the day’s trade, having closed at Rs.177.80, up 3.22 percent. It had touched an intra-day high of Rs.179.25.
Another group company, Reliance Power, one of the largest private electricity generators in the country, closed the day with a 4.5 percent gain at Rs.168.50. It had touched an intra-day high of Rs.170.75.
Reliance Power had recently successfully concluded India’s largest fundraising exercise by any company worth Rs.50,000 crore ($11.1 billion) to finance 10,000 MW worth of projects.
The group’s financial services major, Reliance Cap also out-shone peers in the day’s trade. The scrip of the company rose 5.32 percent to touch an intra-day high of Rs.864.90 and closed the day a tad lower at Rs.857.05.
Another scrip from the stable, Reliance Infrastructure, closed the day with a 3.07 percent gain at Rs.1,114.15. It had touched an intra-day high at Rs.1,121.
- Sensex closes 68 points down, broader markets outperform (Roundup) - Oct 05, 2010
- Reliance-ADAG shares rally - Dec 27, 2011
- Anil Ambani group shares rally on dividend, stake sale talks - Sep 04, 2012
- Reliance Group firms' stocks soar - Feb 28, 2012
- Reliance stocks up after Ambani brothers call truce (Lead) - May 24, 2010
- Supreme Court order takes toll on telecom scrips - Feb 02, 2012
- Reliance groups stocks up after brothers call truce - May 24, 2010
- New telecom firm promoter scrips fall, older one's gain on SC order (Lead) - Feb 02, 2012
- Shareholders approve Reliance Power-RNRL merger - Sep 06, 2010
- Reliance Communications stock surges on tariff hike - Sep 21, 2012
- Reliance Power soars post merger announcement - Jul 05, 2010
- Telecom stocks soar after Airtel hikes tariff - Jul 25, 2011
- Sensex zooms on US stimulus, diesel price hike - Sep 14, 2012
- RCom, DB Realty, Unitech shares soar after bail to executives - Nov 23, 2011
- Sensex slips 100 points; metal, telecom stocks slump - Apr 11, 2012
Tags: bombay stock exchange, brokerage firm, bse, director tom, electricity generators, flagship company, group company, group firms, hollywood actor, mumbai, oct 5, reliance anil dhirubhai ambani group, reliance power, rs 1, scrip, sensex, sensitive index, tom hanks, top gainers, worth rs