Shanghai is China’s most popular cityAugust 31st, 2010 - 5:25 pm ICT by IANS
Shanghai, Aug 31 (IANS) China’s financial hub - Shanghai - has pipped 30 other cities in the country to become the nation’s most popular city.
A survey, co-conducted by Gallup Consulting, a global consultancy, was launched in April via an online questionnaire circulated among foreigners living in the Chinese mainland. A total of 7,980 foreigners took part in the survey, China Daily reported.
Every city needed to be judged by at least 200 foreigners to make the sample valid for scientific research, according to Wu Tao, chief consultant of Gallup Consulting China.
Thirty Chinese cities were rated in 12 categories - attractiveness, culture, environment, citizen qualities, security, traffic, individuality, integrity, government efficiency, investment value, development potential and internationalisation level.
Shanghai and Beijing came out with flying colors in terms of the general impression among foreigners. Chengdu was ranked third on the list.
“While China has overtaken Japan to become the second-biggest economy in the world, it remains unknown how foreigners think of Chinese cities. The survey was conducted to give a comprehensive, scientific and objective evaluation of some cities,” Meng Jian, director of the International Public Relations Research Centre of Fudan University, which co-conducted the survey with Gallup, was quoted as saying.
- Few Chinese deem China as superpower - Jan 01, 2011
- Shanghai named China's sexiest city - Sep 20, 2010
- Nearly half of China's millionaires consider emigration - Nov 01, 2011
- Beijing, Shanghai costly cities for expats - Jul 16, 2011
- New media a powerful tool in China - Mar 16, 2012
- Chinese give higher priority to ties with EU than US, others - Feb 18, 2011
- Ten most attractive Chinese cities for foreigners - May 03, 2012
- French wine maker wins court cases - Mar 16, 2012
- Nearly 36,000 Chinese evacuated from Libya - Mar 03, 2011
- Chinese official given death for taking bribe - Apr 27, 2012
- Chinese urban women contribute one-third to family income - Feb 29, 2012
- Four deals signed on last day of Patil's China visit - May 31, 2010
- Chinese man sentenced to death in demolition case - Feb 01, 2011
- Air China to launch Chengdu-Mumbai direct flight - Mar 01, 2012
- New stem cells could help heal damaged hearts - Dec 23, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,