Shanghai hotel aims to set height recordDecember 20th, 2010 - 5:07 pm ICT by IANS
Shanghai, Dec 20 (IANS) A hotel in Shanghai that will occupy the 84th to 110th floors of a 121-storey skyscraper is aiming a world record.The Shanghai Tower J Hotel, part of the Shanghai Jin Jiang International Hotels (Group) Co Ltd, will be finished in 2014.
It will be part of the Shanghai Tower, which will rise 632 metres, or 121 storeys, the China Daily reported Monday.
The hotel will have 258 luxury rooms.
Jin Jiang Hotels said it will be the world’s highest luxury hotel, surpassing the Park Hyatt Shanghai, which currently holds the honour.
The Park Hyatt occupies the 79th to 93rd floors of Shanghai’s tallest building, the World Financial Centre.
Though Dubai’s 828-metre-high Burj Khalifa, which opened this year, is the world’s highest skyscraper, its hotel by fashion designer Giorgio Armani occupies the 160-level structure’s lower storeys.
- World's highest hotel likely in Shanghai by 2014 - Dec 20, 2010
- Dubai's Princess Tower enters Guinness Records - May 21, 2012
- China races to build world's second tallest skyscraper - Dec 28, 2011
- China's tallest building to reach 2,073 feet - May 29, 2012
- China to get world's third tallest building - Jun 22, 2011
- China to create world's 3rd tallest building - Dec 09, 2010
- Tokyo Skytree opens to the public - May 23, 2012
- French 'Spiderman' scales world's tallest tower in Dubai - Mar 29, 2011
- Park Hyatt hotel opens in Hyderabad - Apr 27, 2012
- Construction of Beijing's tallest building starts - Sep 19, 2011
- Indian sweat and toil helped Burj reach for the skies - Nov 23, 2009
- World's tallest hotel with 118 floors to open in Hong Kong - Oct 28, 2009
- Three die as lift plunges in Hong Kong's tallest building - Sep 13, 2009
- Observation deck of world's tallest skyscraper Burj Khalifa reopens - Apr 05, 2010
- Becks wants to live in the worlds tallest building - Jan 05, 2009
Tags: china daily, dubai, fashion designer giorgio, giorgio armani, highest skyscraper, honour, hotel in shanghai, hotels, jin jiang, khalifa, level structure, luxury hotel, luxury rooms, park hyatt, shanghai hotel, tallest building, world record