Shanghai Disneyland project approvedNovember 4th, 2009 - 12:11 pm ICT by IANS
Shanghai, Nov 4 (IANS) The Shanghai Disneyland project has been approved by the Chinese central government, authorities said Wednesday.
The disneyland is planned to come up in the Pudong new district of Shanghai, a Xinhua report said.
Disney President and CEO Robert Iger said that China is one of the most dynamic, exciting and important countries in the world, and this approval marks “a very significant milestone” for the Walt Disney Company in China’s mainland.
The foreign investment department officials said that several big state-owned firms in Shanghai would be forming a joint venture with the Walt Disney Co. to fund the project.
The Shanghai municipal government and the Walt Disney Co. reached an agreement on building China’s first Disneyland, Shanghai Mayor Han Zheng had said in January.
The multi-billion dollar project is expected to benefit industries, including property development, hotels, transport and entertainment, said Hou Zhigang, an associate professor with the Fudan University, Shanghai.
- Shanghai Disneyland construction begins - Apr 08, 2011
- Work starts on Disney resort in Shanghai - Apr 08, 2011
- Disney Theme Park In Shanghai Soon To Be Reality - Nov 08, 2010
- Chinese company to co-produce 'Iron Man 3' - Apr 17, 2012
- Disney sells Miramax for $660 million to Filmyard Holdings - Jul 31, 2010
- Walt Disney, UTV to co-produce family films - May 19, 2011
- Kite string causes blackout in Shanghai - Mar 31, 2012
- Zardari visits Shanghai Expo - Jul 10, 2010
- China's first bank for technological innovation opens - Aug 16, 2012
- Disney Sells Miramax Studios For $660 Million To Filmyard Holdings - Jul 30, 2010
- Hollywood misses key tech ally - Oct 08, 2011
- Moscow seeks investors for Disneyland park project - Apr 18, 2011
- Yale Legend in Leadership award for Ratan Tata - Oct 18, 2010
- Chinese kids learn English from toons - Aug 04, 2010
- Disney to ban junk food ads on programmes for kids - Jun 06, 2012
Tags: associate professor, ceo robert, chinese central government, countries in the world, department officials, disneyland, dollar project, foreign investment, fudan university shanghai, government authorities, investment department, joint venture, mainland, milestone, municipal government, robert iger, walt disney, walt disney co, walt disney company, xinhua