Shanghai - a city with 132,000 millionairesMay 13th, 2011 - 4:24 pm ICT by IANS
Shanghai, May 13 (IANS) Over 132,000 people who have a personal wealth of 10 million yuan ($1.54 million) or more live in Shanghai, a media report said Friday.
Shanghai has the second highest number of wealthy people in China after Beijing, reported China Daily citing the Shanghai Wealth Report 2011 that was published by the Hurun Report and independent financial adviser Gao Fu.
Liu Yongxing, with a personal wealth of about $5 billion, is the richest person in Shanghai.
The city is home to 7,800 super-rich people and they have a personal wealth of 100 million yuan, the media report said.
“Shanghai’s rapid economic development and exploding real estate market has created a situation where 1 in every 175 people in Shanghai is a millionaire,” Rupert Hoogewerf, chairman and chief researcher of the Hurun Report, was quoted as saying.
An analysis of the data shows that average age of the super-rich is 43 and they have shown considerable interest in fine wines and collecting art.
- China's wealthy get wealthier - Sep 23, 2011
- Many young Chinese billionaires built fortune from scratch - May 16, 2011
- 11 of the world's top 20 wealthiest self-made women are Chinese - Oct 13, 2010
- China's super-rich to get richer - May 08, 2012
- 83 people on Hurun rich list have $1.5 trillion - Mar 06, 2012
- China has 189 billionaires - Oct 12, 2010
- Beverage giant chief becomes China's richest man - Sep 30, 2010
- China's Zhang Yin is world's richest woman - Oct 13, 2010
- China has 960,000 millionaires and still counting... - Apr 13, 2011
- Beijing has largest number of rich people in China: Hurun Report - Aug 24, 2009
- China's super-rich only second to US - Oct 13, 2009
- Chinese buying 300 sq km of land in Iceland - Aug 31, 2011
- Car battery tycoon tops China's rich list - Nov 05, 2009
- Chinese court solves relationship riddle - Apr 01, 2011
- China has over 1 mn multi-millionaires - Jul 31, 2012
Tags: 10 million, 100 million, beijing, chief researcher, china daily, collecting art, fine wines, gao, hurun report, independent financial adviser, liu, millionaire, millionaires, personal wealth, rapid economic development, real estate market, richest person, rupert hoogewerf, shanghai, yuan