Seven killed in Uganda aircraft crash (Lead)March 9th, 2009 - 3:04 pm ICT by IANS
Kampala, March 9 (Xinhua) Seven people were killed Monday when a cargo aircraft crashed at the international airport near here, a Ugandan air force spokesman said.
Captain Tabaro Kiconco said by telephone that it was a cargo plane which was scheduled to fly to Somalia.
There were a total of 10 people aboard, including three Burundians one of whom was a general, one Ugandan soldier, four crew members and two civilians.
The medium sized cargo plane crashed at the Entebbe international airport in Uganda. A source said that the aircraft caught fire during the takeoff and fell into Lake Victoria.
Entebbe is Uganda’s major international airport which is about 40 km south of the Ugandan capital Kampala.
- Eleven dead in Ugandan plane crash (Second lead) - Mar 09, 2009
- Aircraft crashes at Uganda airport - Mar 09, 2009
- Two Ugandan military helicopters crash-land in Kenya - Aug 13, 2012
- Dutch police arrest British terror suspect at Amsterdam Schiphol Airport - Sep 20, 2010
- 10 killed in Ghana plane crash (Lead) - Jun 03, 2012
- Large cargo plane crashes in Karachi, killing at least 10 - Nov 28, 2010
- UPS Boeing 747 cargo plane crashes in Dubai - Sep 04, 2010
- Three killed in US plane crash - Jul 25, 2011
- Cargo plane crashes in Ghana - Jun 03, 2012
- European security experts fear al-Qaeda wings expanded to Uganda - Sep 21, 2010
- Monkey delays Air China flight from New York - May 26, 2012
- List of air crashes in residential areas - May 26, 2011
- Hundreds feared dead after Nigerian jet crashes in Lagos - Jun 04, 2012
- Dutch police arrest British terror suspect at Amsterdam Schiphol Airport - Sep 19, 2010
- Four Americans killed in Bahamas plane crash - Mar 27, 2012