Sensex weak, IT, capital goods under selling pressureMarch 19th, 2012 - 2:33 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, March 19 (IANS) A benchmark index for Indian markets Monday was ruling 130 points lower in afternoon trade amid selling in IT, telecom and capital goods scrips.
The 30-scrip sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) opened at 17,531.47 points and was ruling at 17,336.17 points at 12.44 p.m., down 130.03 points or 0.74 percent compared to its previous close at 17,466.2 points.
The 50-scrip S&P; CNX Nifty of the National Stock Exchange was similarly ruling lower at 5,280.25 points, down 35.9 points or 0.68 percent from its previous close.
Broader markets were in the negative too with the BSE 500 index trading 0.65 percent lower. The BSE midcap index was trading 0.32 percent lower, while the BSE small cap index was down 0.42 percent.
IT, telecom, realty and capital goods stocks were the major losers at this time while FMCG scrips were gaining.
The market breadth was negative with 1,051 stocks advancing, 1,525 on the decline and 110 remaining unchanged.
Asian markets were trading mixed.
The Japanese Nikkei moved up 0.12 percent to end at 10,141.99 points. Hong Kong’s index was trading 0.13 percent higher at 21,345.55 points.
The Chinese Shanghai Composite index was ruling 0.14 percent up at 2,408.04 points.
- Sensex closes lower for third consecutive day (Lead) - Mar 19, 2012
- Sensex turns volatile; realty, oil, gas stocks fall - Mar 22, 2012
- Sensex ruling lower, IT, telecom drag broader markets - Jun 17, 2011
- Sensex languishes in afternoon trade - Mar 29, 2012
- Sensex in red in afternoon trade, consumer durables slip - Mar 28, 2012
- Sensex in see-saw trade, consumer durables, realty stocks up - Mar 27, 2012
- Sensex rises in afternoon trade, capital goods scrips lead - Mar 21, 2012
- Sensex in red, realty, banking under selling - Mar 26, 2012
- Sensex lacklustre, Asian cues negative - Jan 17, 2011
- Choppy trading at Indian equities after outlook downgrade - Apr 26, 2012
- Sensex slips further in noon trade (Lead) - May 25, 2011
- Sensex subdued in afternoon trade - Jun 06, 2011
- Indian equities markets dull amid negative Asian cues - Apr 19, 2011
- Sensex slips 100 points; metal, telecom stocks slump - Apr 11, 2012
- Sensex subdued, banking, realty stocks under pressure - Feb 22, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,