Sensex up 76.94 points (Lead)April 30th, 2012 - 6:04 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, April 30 (IANS) Led by good buying support for information technology (IT) and bank scrips, a benchmark index for Indian equities markets was trading 76.94 points higher around the 2 p.m. trade session Monday.
The 30-scrip sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), which opened in the positive at 17,195.51 points, was ruling at 17,264.28 points around 2 p.m., up 0.45 percent or 76.94 points from its previous close at 17,187.34 points.
The Sensex touched a high of 17,359.18 points and low of 17,195.51 points in the intra-day trade. The Sensex midcap was up 19.71 points and the smallcap grew by 28.07 points.
The broad-based 50-scrip S&P; CNX Nifty of the National Stock Exchange was trading 0.35 percent or 18 points up at 5,227 points.
Sensex IT sectoral indices was up 105.63 points and bank indices gained 58.02 points.
Prominent Sensex gainers were reality major DLF, up 3.10 percent at Rs.187.80; TCS, up 2.91 percent at Rs.1,238; Infosys, up 2.22 percent at Rs.2,450; Hero MotoCorp, up 1.76 percent at Rs.2,222 and ICICI Bank, up 1.51 percent at Rs.882.
Major Sensex losers included Maruti Suzuki, down 2.23 percent at Rs.1,366; BHEL, down 1.96 percent at Rs.224.85; Mahindra and Mahindra, down 1.11 percent at Rs.706.85; and Sun Pharma, down 1.04 percent at Rs.593.
- Sensex up 160.85 points in afternoon trade - Apr 30, 2012
- Sensex up 131.47 points, IT stocks gain (Roundup) - Apr 30, 2012
- Sensex down; consumer durables, auto stocks fall - Jul 18, 2012
- Sensex rises 97 points, IT stocks up - Aug 21, 2012
- Sensex rises 100 points; TCS, Wipro surge - Apr 24, 2012
- Sensex down 39 points - Aug 16, 2012
- Sensex down 35.68 points, oil and gas stocks fall - May 25, 2012
- Sensex down 19 points; auto, oil and gas stocks fall (Lead) - Jun 28, 2012
- Sensex rises 20 points; metal, auto index up - Aug 08, 2012
- Sensex up 100 points on firm Asian cues - Aug 23, 2012
- Sensex closes flat; oil and gas, auto stocks fall (Roundup) - Aug 23, 2012
- Sensex closes flat, FMCG, PSU stocks up (Roundup) - Sep 13, 2012
- Sensex closes 74 points down, realty, oil & gas stocks slump - Sep 03, 2012
- Sensex tanks 223 points, Infosys down 9 percent - Jul 12, 2012
- Sensex down 87 points as rise in inflation dampens rate cut hopes - Jun 14, 2012
Tags: bank scrips, benchmark index, bhel, bombay stock exchange, bse, dlf, gainers, infosys, mahindra and mahindra, maruti suzuki, midcap, national stock exchange, rs 1, rs 2, sensex, sensitive index, smallcap, sun pharma, tcs, trade session