Sensex up 144 points in noon tradeMay 10th, 2012 - 2:45 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, May 10 (IANS) A benchmark index for Indian equities markets was trading 144 points up around noon Thursday — 0.87 percent up from its previous close.
The 30-scrip sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) was ruling at 16,623.42 points around 12 noon, up by 0.87 percent or 143.84 points from its previous close of 16,479.58 points.
The Sensex touched a high of 16,669.62 points and a low of 16,515.62 points in the intra-day. The midcap index of the BSE was up by 0.77 percent and smallcap up by 0.55 percent.
The BSE capital goods index was up 1.48 percent while bank index was up by 1.30 percent.
Major Sensex gainers included Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL) up 2.71 percent at Rs.222.00, Mahindra and Mahindra up 2.21 percent at Rs.669.65, Jindal Steel up 2.14 percent at Rs.480.70, DLF up 1.98 percent at Rs.185.70 and Cipla up 1.94 percent at Rs.328.85.
Sensex losers included Maruti Suzuki, down 1.46 percent at Rs.1,283, Infosys, down 0.95 percent at Rs.2345.20, Coal India, down 0.64 percent at Rs.324.35, Sun Pharma, down 0.24 percent at Rs.598.35 and Gail India down 0.17 percent at Rs.322.
- Sensex falls 59 points as bearish mood prevails (Lead) - May 10, 2012
- Sensex rises 97 points, IT stocks up - Aug 21, 2012
- Sensex closes 16 points down (Second lead) - Jul 17, 2012
- Sensex closes 104 points down, realty, bank stocks slump (Roundup) - Aug 27, 2012
- Sensex down 89.56 points in noon trade - May 14, 2012
- Markets under pressure, Sensex closes 168 points down (Roundup) - Mar 01, 2012
- Sensex closes 17 points down on growth worries (Roundup) - Jul 06, 2012
- Sensex down 31 points, banking, realty stocks fall - Aug 27, 2012
- Sensex down 58 points, realty, banks stocks slump (Lead) - Aug 27, 2012
- Sensex down 35.68 points, oil and gas stocks fall - May 25, 2012
- Sensex rises 37 points; power, FMCG stocks up - Jun 28, 2012
- Sensex slumps 302 points amid global sell-off - Oct 03, 2011
- Sensex rises 120 points, FMCG, realty, metal stocks up - May 17, 2012
- Sensex rises 87 points, power, IT stocks up - Jun 27, 2012
- Sensex trims gains; auto, oil and gas stocks down (Lead) - Jun 27, 2012
Tags: bank index, benchmark index, bharat heavy electricals ltd, bombay stock exchange, bse, capital goods, cipla, coal india, dlf, gail, gainers, infosys, losers, mahindra and mahindra, maruti suzuki, midcap index, rs 1, sensex, sensitive index, sun pharma