Sensex up 106.32 points; FMCG, oil stocks surgeJune 19th, 2012 - 2:48 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, June 19 (IANS) A benchmark index of Indian equities markets was trading 106.32 points higher around noon Tuesday led by good buying support for fast moving consumer goods (FMCG) and oil and gas stocks.
The 30-scrip sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), which opened at 16,681.89 points, was at 16,812.15 points in the afternoon session, up 0.64 percent or 106.32 points from its previous close.
However, Sensex midcap was down 0.03 points and smallcap was down 2.29 points.
The BSE oil and gas sectoral index was up 122.87 points, the FMCG index was up 81.68 points and health care index was up 58.85 points.
The wider 50-scrip S&P; CNX Nifty of the National Stock Exchange (NSE) was trading 41 points higher at 5,105.25 points.
The recovery of the Indian rupee, which rose 14 paise to 55.66 against the dollar in early trade, added to the bullish market sentiments.
Major Sensex gainers were ITC, up 6.85 points at Rs.249.90; ONGC, up 4.85 points at Rs.268.05; Gail India, up 1.69 points at Rs.333; Reliance Industries, up 11.80 points at Rs.730.50, and Cipla, up 4.35 points at Rs.309.50.
Major Sensex losers were Sterlite Inds, down 2.30 points at Rs.93.60; Infosys, down 31.45 points at Rs.2,479.45; BHEL, down 2 points at Rs.212.40; Tata Power, down 0.35 points at Rs.91.75; Coal India, down 1.05 points at Rs.338.20.
- Sensex closes 153.97 points up; FMCG, oil stocks surge (Lead) - Jun 19, 2012
- Sensex slides 156.93 points; consumer durables, realty stocks down - Jun 04, 2012
- Sensex falls 64 points; FMCG, consumer durable stocks down (Lead) - Jun 26, 2012
- Sensex closes 43 points high (Second lead) - Jul 24, 2012
- Sensex rebounds on rupee recovery (Lead) - Jun 08, 2012
- Sensex ends 38 points down; Bharti Airtel drops 3.85 percent (Roundup) - Aug 22, 2012
- Sensex rises 25.63 points; capital goods, health care stocks up - Jul 05, 2012
- Sensex rises 22 points; FMCG, consumer durable stocks up - Jul 24, 2012
- Sensex recovers initial losses, trading flat (Lead) - Aug 22, 2012
- Sensex closes flat in choppy trade (Lead) - May 25, 2012
- Sensex down 39 points - Aug 16, 2012
- Sensex ends in green; FMCG, auto stocks rally (Lead) - Apr 10, 2012
- Sensex down 26.45 points on selling pressure - May 22, 2012
- Sensex closes 78 points down (Lead) - Aug 16, 2012
- Sensex slips after RBI policy action, trading 70 points down - Jul 31, 2012
Tags: benchmark index, bhel, bombay stock exchange, bullish market, cipla, coal india, gas stocks, health care index, indian rupee, inds, market sentiments, moving consumer goods, national stock exchange, oil stocks, ongc, paise, reliance industries, sensex, sensitive index, tata power