Sensex trims gains; auto, oil and gas stocks down (Lead)June 27th, 2012 - 4:49 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, June 27 (IANS) A benchmark index of Indian equities markets was trading 0.19 percent up late Wednesday afternoon, trimming its early day gains, led by selling pressure in automobile, oil and gas and consumer durable stocks.
The 30-scrip sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), which opened at 16,975.76 points, was trading at 16,938.75 points around 2:45 p.m., up 0.19 percent or 32.17 points from its previous close at 16,906.58 points.
The wider 50-scrip S&P; CNX Nifty of the National Stock Exchange was trading 0.29 percent higher at 5,135.75 points.
The BSE automobile index was down 71.96 points, the oil and gas index was up 44.11 points and the consumer durable index was up 29.56 points.
Major Sensex losers were Tata Motors, down 2.29 percent at Rs.240.95; Bharti Airtel, down 0.64 percent at Rs.304.35; Mahindra and Mahindra, down 0.63 percent at Rs.689.50; RIL, down 0.47 percent at Rs.720.35; SBI, down 0.34 percent at Rs.2,109.
Major Sensex gainers were Tata Steel, up 2.28 percent at Rs.419.75; Tata Power, up 2.25 percent at Rs.97.65; Hindalco Inds, up 1.52 percent at Rs.117; Coal India, up 1.18 percent at Rs.342.80 and TCS, up 1.17 percent at Rs.1,247.05.
- Sensex down 89.56 points in noon trade - May 14, 2012
- Sensex closes 71 points down, FMCG, metal stocks plummet (Roundup) - Aug 16, 2012
- Sensex closes 78 points down (Lead) - Aug 16, 2012
- Sensex closes at 34 points (Roundup) - Apr 18, 2012
- Sensex down 35.68 points, oil and gas stocks fall - May 25, 2012
- Sensex closes 17 points down on growth worries (Roundup) - Jul 06, 2012
- Sensex down; consumer durables, auto stocks fall - Jul 18, 2012
- Sensex down 39 points - Aug 16, 2012
- Sensex down 119 points; consumer durable, auto stocks fall - May 23, 2012
- Sensex declines 66 points, metal, consumer durables down - Jul 25, 2012
- Sensex down 19 points; auto, oil and gas stocks fall (Lead) - Jun 28, 2012
- Sensex rises 87 points, power, IT stocks up - Jun 27, 2012
- Sensex rises 75 points; FMCG, consumer durables up (Lead) - Jul 24, 2012
- Sensex closes 117 points down (Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- Sensex rises 120 points, FMCG, realty, metal stocks up - May 17, 2012
Tags: auto oil, automobile oil, benchmark index, bharti airtel, bombay stock exchange, bse, coal india, gas index, gas stocks, inds, mahindra and mahindra, national stock exchange, ril, rs 2, sbi, sensitive index, tata motors, tata power, tata steel, wednesday afternoon