Sensex trades flat, auto, banking stocks down (Lead)August 13th, 2012 - 5:45 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 13 (IANS) A benchmark index of Indian equities markets was trading flat late afternoon Monday amid high volatility. Auto, banking and FMCG stocks came under intense selling.
The 30-scrip sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), which opened at 17,551.69 points, was ruling at 17,553.18 points, 0.03 percent or 4.56 points down from its previous day’s close at 17,557.74 points.
The BSE auto index was down 73.14 points, followed by the banking index, down 43.96 points, and FMCG index, down 9.33 points.
The wider 50-scrip S&P; CNX Nifty of the National Stock Exchange was ruling 0.16 percent up at 5,328.65 points.
The main Sensex losers were Tata Motors, down 3.28 percent at Rs.224.40; Hindustan Unilever, down 1.93 percent at Rs.488.10; Hindalco Inds, down 1.91 percent at Rs.120.45; TCS, down 1.53 percent at Rs.1,258.30; and Hero MotoCorp, down 1.51 percent at Rs.1,885.20.
The major gainers were HDFC, up 2.65 percent at Rs.708; Maruti Suzuki, up 2.02 percent at Rs.1,187; Sterlite Inds, up 1.89 percent at Rs.113.10; and BHEL, up 1.57 percent at Rs.232.40.
- Sensex down almost 15 points, auto, banking stocks down - Aug 13, 2012
- Sensex rises 52 points health care, FMCG stocks up (Lead) - Jul 17, 2012
- Sensex rises 41 points; health care, FMCG stocks up - Jul 17, 2012
- Sensex closes flat; SBI down over 4 percent (Roundup) - Aug 10, 2012
- Sensex slides 156.93 points; consumer durables, realty stocks down - Jun 04, 2012
- Sensex ends in green; FMCG, auto stocks rally (Lead) - Apr 10, 2012
- Sensex closes 129 points down on weak European cues (Roundup) - Jul 11, 2012
- Sensex closes 66 points high (Lead) - Jul 05, 2012
- Sensex down 39 points - Aug 16, 2012
- Sensex rallies 226 points on European cues (Roundup) - Jul 10, 2012
- Sensex tanks 298 points, metal, auto stocks fall (Lead) - May 16, 2012
- Sensex closes 78 points down (Lead) - Aug 16, 2012
- Sensex closes 111.32 points higher, auto stocks rally - Apr 19, 2012
- Sensex tanks 324 points in noon trade - May 16, 2012
- Sensex erases day's highs, up 180 points (Lead) - Jul 27, 2012
Tags: auto index, benchmark index, bhel, bombay stock exchange, bse, fmcg stocks, gainers, hero, inds, late afternoon, losers, national stock exchange, rs 1, rs 120, rs 232, sensitive index, tata motors, tcs, unilever, volatility